scared

im hiv- whilst my boyfriend is hiv+ recently we had sex and a condom was left inside my vagina,what are my chances of contracting the virus.he is not on his meds yet.

Your HIV-acquisition risk would be similar to unprotected sex. The CDC's estimated statistical risk for acquiring HIV from unprotected receptive vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV infected is 10 per 10,000 exposures. If you are within the 72-hour post-exposure window period, a course of PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) would be warranted. You will need follow-up HIV testing at both the three- and six-month marks.

I strongly advise that both you and your boyfriend read through the chapter in the archives of this forum devoted to magnetic couples. Pay particular attention to some of the harm-reduction measures that you may wish to consider to decease the chance of HIV transmission following accidental HIV exposures.

Good luck to you both.

From Portugal - Panic
Cudos...