Very scared and married also.

I had a full protected oral-vaginal contact with a sex worker. 5 days after I had diarrhea, vomiting , stomach cramps and a fever of about 101F(38,5C. The symptoms last for almost 36 hours and then I was fealing great but tired.In the meantime I went to the doc cause I was scared and he told me (after a general blood test)that It was gastroenteritis sth really usual that period of the year. I am pretty sure that condom was effective (didn't break , semen inside etc.) and I was really carefull but since then I cant't sleep or eat. Please help could it be ars??? I am afraid for kids and family, do I have to take the test?

Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail (break). HIV testing is not medically warranted; however, if it will help put your unwarranted worries permanently to rest, you could get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The result will undoubtedly be negative, but seeing the result may be helpful psychologically. It's also possible some of your anxiety is related to guilt. I would suggest, if you haven't already done so, that you level with your wife. It's not only the best way to confront your guilt; it's also the right thing to do.

Good luck. Remember, HIV is not your problem.

Meningitis but not HIV?
What is the risk with undetectable gay man?