Washing genital organs after unsafe sex

I had an unprotected sex with a lady a week ago. She has just tested positive to HIV test. I washed my penis with soap and water in about 5minutes after sex. Her CD4 test show she has 2.8 I am at risk of HIV? What can I do now that I have not tested positive yet? The last time I checked I was negative.

Genital washing after unsafe sex does not protect you against HIV. In fact some studies indicate that it may increase the risk of HIV transmission. (See archives for additional information.)Unprotected sex is always a risk for STDs, including HIV. That your gal-pal had just tested HIV positive dramatically increases your risk, particularly if she is not on antiretrovirals and has a high HIV plasma viral load. What kind of lapse in judgement allowed you to put yourself at such risk??? As for what to do next, if you were within the 72-hour post-exposure window, PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) would be warranted. Your exposure, however, was a week ago and consequently your only option is to wait and get HIV tested. Because your gal-pal is known to be positively charged, you'll need HIV-antibody testing at both the three- and six-month marks. Good luck. Hopefully this experience will be a wakeup call for you to stop putting yourself at risk! It's definitely time for you to wake up and smell the AZT!

The question which is never asked + donation
woohoo with a caveat (PRO-LIFE = HEALTH CARE REFORM, 2010)