Your comment on crotisone Shot affecting HIV antibody testing, quick donation

Hello Dr. Bob,

Thanks for answering my question earlier. I had oral insertive sex (she licked/sucked my penis twice, spitted on it) all unprotected and then applied condom and gave me oral sex. I think the Sex worker was HIV +.

I had an DNA PCR at 15 days after exposure and it came back negative and an orasure rapid hiv 1/2 oral swap at 3 weeks and it was negative.

I had a Crotisone shot 1 and half month before the exposure due to eczema and i apply a crotisone cream daily (and still due) on some parts of my body. Does this mean my negative test is not negative?? The doctor had given me a cortisone shot on my butt. Also at 4 weeks I have tiny pimples behind my ear. I think they are lymph nodes.

Please answer me as i am freaking out I have send a second donation.

Thanks

Relax Max! A cortisone shot for eczema given 1.5 months prior to your exposure will not affect the validity of your definitive three-month (from the date of exposure) HIV-antibody test. Likewise, your use of topical cortisone will not affect the validity or accuracy of the test results.

"Tiny pimples" are not lymph nodes. Stop freaking yourself out! Your exposure was extremely low risk at best. Your "symptoms" are not worrisome and your negative/undetectable test results to date are encouraging.

Thank you for your donations to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). They are warmly appreciated and urgently needed. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will always be HIV free.

Be well. Good luck.

Comparing Risk of Anal and Oral Sex in Magnetic Couples
Male spa massage risk