The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Having sex with ex-husband and a married man

Mar 22, 2010

I recently had sex with a guy in Jan not to "completion" 1X. Then sex with a married man 1X in Feb and 1X in March. I've also been having sex with my ex husband 2X's between Feb& Mar. No dondoms with any. I came down with a sore throat,swollen glands and a head cold. I feel run down, been stressed out, working and buying a place to live. I have 3 kids and I feel very anxious, tired,stressed and run down. I keep thinking that I might of contracted something. Do you suggest an HIV test?

Response from Dr. Frascino


"No dondoms with any." ??? OK, if you say so.

Unprotected sex places you at risk for STDs, including HIV. Consequently yes, an HIV test is warranted and recommended. Wait until the three-month mark from the date of your last unsafe sexual experience, as HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered definitive or conclusive.

I strongly urge you not to put yourself at further risk by continuing to have unsafe sex!Every 9.5 minutes a U.S. citizen becomes infected with HIV. Don't become part of that tragic and very avoidable statistic. Write back with your test results, and I'll post your follow-up for our readers.

I'm here if you need me, OK? Good luck.

Dr. Bob

unprotected sex with Crohn's Disease
Comparing Risk of Anal and Oral Sex in Magnetic Couples

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint