Unprotected sex with an ER Dr. - Frightened!

I'm a female and I had unprotected sex about a year ago with this this ER physician. I asked him to provide his tests results before we had sex, which he did, however it was not a recent test. He ensured me that ER docs have to be tested so I trusted him. Now, I'm a bit worried as I moved away and hadn't talked to him in a while, the hospital he worked at says he's no longer there. That made me very nervous, I also have had 2 colds in the past 3 weeks and a hacking cough. I am going to get tested, what are your thoughts?

He said, "Trust me, I'm a doctor" and you did???? Sweetie, that wasn't your brightest move. You broke Dr. Bob's two cardinal rules for staying HIV free.

Cardinal Rule #1: We must assume all our sexual partners could be HIV positive and take all the necessary precautions to prevent the potential spread of the virus.

Cardinal Rule #2: Always remember Cardinal Rule #1.

Just for the record, ER docs, just like all other docs, are not required to get HIV tested! Personally, I wouldn't trust a guy's claim to be HIV negative, even if he strapped a lie detector on to his Mr. Happy.

Your decision to have unsafe sex with Dr. Scumbag McBarebacker did place you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. You'll need an HIV test at the three-month mark. The recent colds and cough are not worrisome for HIV, but you still need to be tested.

Urinal handle (with a twist)
Scared