Urinal handle (with a twist)

Dr. Bob; I scoured the archive and read all the urinal questions but mine has a twist. Apologies if it is a dumb question.

Yesterday in my office building I used the urinal. I then went to the stall (without washing my hands) as I have been having stomach trouble. I wiped and my rectum was a bit raw and the toilet paper had a little blood on it afterward.

Later I connected the dots in my mind. What if someone used the urinal, passed something from his penis to his hand to the handle. I then flushed the handle with my hand and could I have passed it to the toilet paper and to my raw and bleeding rectum?

I feel stupid asking the question but it is causing me anxiety. I am married and monogomous and petrified of bringing an STD or HIV home.

Again, apologies if it is a dumb question. God Bless and looking forward to making a donation.

You scoured the archives and couldn't find a question exactly like yours? Hmm. I wonder why. You really worried about HIV attacking you via such a circuitous route? Dude, in order to get to you, that virus would have to make more connections than someone flying cross-country on Southwest Airlines. The chances HIV would travel from the penis of someone using your office urinal onto the urinal handle and then onto your hand (by subsequently flushing the urinal with the same handle) and then from your hand onto some toilet paper and then from the Charmin onto your raw bleeding butt are beyond nonexistent! Your fears are totally whacked and completely irrational. HIV is a fragile virus, not radioactive kryptonite. Frevinsakes!

Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's very warmly appreciated. Now stop worrying, OK?

Be well.

Good info for the mental masterbaters....
Unprotected sex with an ER Dr. - Frightened!