Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I donated another 20 because you read my question.
Mar 14, 2010

Dear Bob

I'm the same one who one who got false positive 3 months ago and asked you if i should re test using W.B. or Combo is enough at 3 months mark.

I'm fighting myself to move on but i couldn't, every time i read about ARS i feel i got those symptoms as soon as i finish the reading.

You told me you are OK but sorry to tell you that i did another rapid test yesteday 4 months after the false positive and came negative.

I hope their is something will erase that false positive from my brain to be able to move on.

Big thanks to you Dr. Bob who is trying to support people like me without getting tired. I do respect your work and i'm 6000 miles away from you but I admire your work, Sir. Take care and have a great day.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

". . . every time i read about ARS i feel i got those symptoms as soon as i finish the reading." Experiencing symptoms immediately after reading about them is consistent with anxiety and psychological problems, not HIV! (The virus wouldn't know or care when or what you read.)

The thing to remember about "false positive" tests is that they are "false!" If you can't believe the overwhelming evidence that you are HIV negative, you should seek the help of a psychologist or psychiatrist. Your problem is not HIV (as you proved once again with yet another negative HIV test), but rather fear of being HIV infected.

Thanks for your thanks and your donations to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Both are warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well. (Yes, you are indeed well.)

Dr. Bob

Previous
HIV fear and serious psychosomatic illness
Next
Rapid Antibody Test

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.