Am I really hiv+

Hi Dr. Robert ! I would like to thank you first for your big good heart ,that you have! My question ,that is killing me now for 2 months is- I had unprotected sex with an african (cameroon)on the 12.1.2010.After two weeks ,I became completely sick, like I ve never been in my life.I got kind of a flu-also fever (37,8), and my body was itching me sooo much,(rashes also).Later, till now ,I have headaches on the neck, kind of a stiff neck and I am sweating at nigt, threw a day ,I sweat on my legs, that I never did...The problem is, that he probably had viremia -he was in his country month before, and later he told me, he had the same problems a little before me...( nice guy:( I did testing on 3 week (Elisa 4th generation -in Italy),6 week and now 8 week. They were negative.But I am afraid, cause in West Africa there are subtypes, that Elisa can not recognice so fast. Am I right? I hope ,you can answer me ... Please .. Thank you soo much for your effort on this forum, I appreciate, everything good, come back double good! Best for you ,and sorry for my bad language.

Your decision to have unprotected sex places you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. That your partner was from Cameroon (West Africa) increases your risk for HIV-2.

The good news is that you've tested negative repeatedly out to eight weeks. The vast majority of (although not all) folks who are HIV infected will have detectable levels of anti-HIV antibody in their blood within four to six weeks following HIV primary infection (exposure). Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. Rely on your test results, not symptoms. My advice is to get an HIV-1 and HIV-2 antibody test at the three-month mark, as HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered conclusive.

Good luck. I'm confident this experience has taught you that unprotected sex is not worth the potentially catastrophic consequences.

Equally Accurate?
Doantion returned...?