Mar 14, 2010
Hello Dr. Bob,
I had an Hiv-1 EIA antibody test back in 2006 that was negative. My question is should I get a test now because they are now using the ICMA test, Is the EIA and ICMA test equally accurate? Thank you for answering.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
No need to repeat your HIV-antibody test. The EIA and ICMA are equally accurate and equally valid.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dizziness After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Licking Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Hepatitis C From A Bite Wound?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.