I LOVE QUANTUM LEAPS -- ONE LAST QUESTION -- FOR HOLLYWOOD :)

My Friend Dr. Bob ,,,

I am going to make it a life-time commitment to continually support your foundation.

First -- I loved the quantum leap beyond nonexistent --I am going to make it a life-time commitment to continually support your foundation. Thank You. But now I think I really screwed up. Now I know personally how people can go crazy over all this. Now it's happening to me.

You really have me on a mission now!!!

I am helping others like crazy. But now maybe I think I'm going a little crazy!!

See what you've done,,, or maybe what I've done. :)

Here is my last question:

So I'm helping this person with another situation like the last. Afterwards, I on my way back I take a trip to get us some Gelato.

Now if I can back up a bit. This morning about 9 AM -- and I think time is critical here. I pulled some skin off the side of my thumb. It did bleed a bit. Now its a red circle with a red dot in the middle of it. I'm sure you catch my drift. I put a band aid on it for most of the day. At about 5PM I took the band aid of and let it air dry. At about 7.30 PM I took somebody I helped. Again another Dr. Bob inspired piece of work. So I took this person to calm themselves and get some Gelato. I paid the woman at the counter and she gave me my change back. There was a red spot and stain on the bill she handed back to me ,,, I didn't see it until I moved my thumb. Yep, You guessed it ,, the thumb with the injury from the morning on it. It looked like a blood stain on the bill. It was resting against my wound the whole time. The one I got at 9 AM.

Here is my question Dr. Bob, and I'm sure you know where I am going with this:

What if that blood on the bill was from the person that paid before me and The person is HIV+. So my finger is resting against this stain for 30 seconds and I did not have this little wound covered. No band aid --- Nothing ,, Bare thumbed !!!

Lets assume the person that handed her that bill is HIV + .. What are my chances of getting HIV from this?

You are the Expert. You are the Doctor !! Give it to me straight my friend. I can handle it!! I am fricking going out of my mind thinking about this? I know you might think I am now a bit crazy. but I am just about ready to get this bill looked at by forensics. Nuts !! Huh? I am calmly helping others and now I am getting wigged out over all this?

Sounds like a movie.

I am happy I have you in my life to ask you what to do. Two questions:

1.) What are my chances of getting HIV like this? and ,,,,,, 2.) Should I now test? Does this warrant a test. Remember no band aid,, Nothing ,, Bare thumbed!! with a bill and a stain over it. Uggggggggh !!!

I am ready to get the bill analyzed -- and you will say along with my head. :)

Again, my friend _ I sooooo trust you - Think of the worse here and give it to me straight.

Let's just truly assume the person in a HIV+ person that handed the bill to the lady. With that assumption then please answer my questions.

I Thank You again in advance! Phil

p.s. You are the Greatest !! Let Nobody tell you different!!

Hello again Phil,

Now you're worried about a red spot on a bill from a gelato vender and yet another self-induced owie? Well, let's see what's greater than a quantum leap beyond nonexistent??? Hmm. I'm running out of astrophysics adjectives, so let's try this. Your chance of acquiring HIV this way is exactly the same as the chance Obama will cheat on Michelle by having a three-way with Sarah Palin and Dick Cheney.

Kidding aside Phil, you've now contacted me with three beyond-nonexistent exposure freak-outs in very rapid succession. That's a clear indication you have a significant psychological problem that requires attention. These irrational fears and paranoias are interfering with your life and happiness. I very strongly urge you to seek the help of a psychiatrist to help you confront and conquer your totally irrational and completely unwarranted fears surrounding HIV. Make a copy of your recent questions and my responses. Show these to your psychiatrist at the time of your first visit. It will help focus your therapy and speed your recovery. I'm also going to put a temporary hold on responding to any more of your inquiries, as I strongly doubt this was indeed your "one last question."

One last time, Phil: HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. HIV testing is not warranted. Psychiatric help is.

NICE -- YOU HAD ME LMAO - SHOUT OUT TO DR BOB - DO NOT BE HUMBLE!! Mar 13, 2010

Dr. Bob,

Thank You!! I apprecaite your help and you wit. You truly had me laughing at your addition to my answer.You are a GREAT Man ,,,, my friend.

You have me on a mission now to really help others such as you helped me.

I hope someday we get a chance to meet. I will tell you that I will be happy to meet you. We will meet someday. This I know.

One last quick question. Do you think that my Counter-top experience at the Lab-Xpress could fall under the category of "beyond nonexistent"?

Only give that to me... if you really believe it !!

Your BFF 4-Life Phil..

p.s. I will check in often!!

Hey Phil,

Yes, it's a quantum leap beyond nonexistent!

Keep smiling Phil. It makes people wonder what you've been up to!

Stay well!

OK ,, I THINK A LITTLE OF YOU RUBBED OFF ON ME -- READ ON Mar 12, 2010

Dr. Bob,

I have one last question. And a good deed well done -- hopefully with your blessing.

We will hang at the Academy Awards, SAG's ,, Grammy's and Oscars if you like.. I will give you an invitation. Just watch and see. Now on with my concern.

I took a person in for an HIV test that could not afford one. I paid for the test to help the person out. because your good deeds have NOW rubbed off on me.

Now here we go again:

Earlier in the morning, I trimmed a finger nail too far back to the point of it stinging (again) I know what you're going to say -- Keep away from the clippers. In the afternoon I took the person to a place they call Lab Xpress. A place where all they do is all types of testing ,, So I am sure a lot of blood and urine is drawn. After paying for the other persons test. I picked up the paper work off of the front counter ( which is made from stained wood ) I folded the paper work on the counter and I am definitely positive the tips of my fingers did indeed touched the counter numerous times in the process of folding the paper work. Especially the finger that is stinging from the trim job. I am not wearing any band aid either. My hand is Bare Naked. :) ,,, Actually I am very concerned because my hand wans not covered -- I touched this counter top plenty,,, Bare Handed - with this finger!!

I came back to my office and my mind started going into overdrive and playing tricks on me. I went into the kitchen to get a drink. Water with lemon. I squeezed the lemon and when the lemon juice hit the tip of my finger --- OOOOUUUCCCHHH !!!

So now I know that my skin ( cut job ) is exposed and nothing covering it. I started thinking about the counter top at the lab. I don't know who goes in and out of there and who has touched the counter top or not ,, or what was on their hands or what shape their hands are in. -- Let me just get straight to the point.

What are my chances of catching HIV from that counter top? Let's just say EVERYBODY that was in that office today was a HIV + person. They all touched the counter top!!! I was in there for at least 2-5 minutes by myself before I even touched the counter. So at least that amount of time went by.

Now I'm freaking out. Thought I was doing a good deed and ugggh!!! Now I'm anxiety ridden.

Should I test? What should I do? I don't know if I can even wait 3 months with this amount of anxiety running through me.

Well,, in any scenario that you can think of ,, and Doc really think of them all. What are my chances of catching HIV this way?

Thank You again, in advance for looking at my concerns,

YOUR BFF Phil

p.s. I think you know who my dad was by now on the show.

Hello Phil,

Once again your fears are completely unwarranted and your HIV-acquisition risk is completely nonexistent. ("No way. No how.") HIV is a fragile retrovirus that does not survive outside the human body. It is relatively difficult to acquire. For instance, even in the case of a direct occupational exposure (such as mine), where a hollow-bore needle filled with fresh HIV-tainted blood causes a deep puncture wound and laceration in a health care worker treating an ill AIDS patient, the HIV-acquisition risk for the exposed health care worker is only 1 in 300! The chance you acquired such a fragile virus by rubbing your hand (with your owie) across a countertop at a laboratory is zero! zilch, nada, zip! OK? HIV is definitely not your problem. HIV testing is not warranted. I do believe, however, that you do have a psychological problem that requires attention. You have an irrational fear (phobia) of HIV. Irrational fears are incredibly common and directed at all sorts of targets: the dark, snakes, spiders, a Glenn Beck/Sarah Palin ticket winning in 2012. (Oh, that last one even scares me!) At any rate, these types of irrational fears cause considerable anxiety and can really ruin your day (and your life!). Counseling (psychotherapy) and anti-anxiety medications can help.

Regarding your good deed, BRAVO! Now we really are BFFs! If we would all be that generous and compassionate toward those in need, just think what a better place this world would be. I should also point out that over many years I've come to realize that whatever good we do in this world in the truest spirit of generosity and compassion is returned to us a thousand-fold. I'm delighted a little of me has rubbed off on you and now you in turn have "paid it forward." Nothing makes me happier.

So relax Phil. All, including you, is well. Get help for your anxiety if it's interfering with your health and happiness, OK?

Be well.

Dr. "BFF"

Anan Fissure & HIV & how can I donate
Equally Accurate?