The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Anan Fissure & HIV & how can I donate

Mar 14, 2010

Hello Doc, Need your help I am freaking and I am not well aware too. Recently I had an exposure with a sex worker where in I had a possible risk of Saliva hitting the tip of my penis whichis not curcumcised. I know it is no risk but I have a few questions : a)How soon the primary HIV infection symptoms crop up? I have had fever within 48 hours b) Is anal fissure within 2 days another symptom? I have had this as well and is being treated for the same

Are the abobe 2 coincidences?

Please do answer sir, and let me know how I can donate

Response from Dr. Frascino


". . . I know it is no risk but I have a few questions." If indeed you know you are not at risk, why are you "freaking?"

Regarding your specific questions:

1. Symptoms associated with HIV acute retroviral syndrome generally become manifest two to three weeks after primary infection (exposure). Symptoms appearing 48 hours after exposure would not be related to HIV.

2. No.

3. Yes, the "abobe" two issues were indeed coincidences!

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at ( Thanks for your willingness to help others in desperate need. Regarding your not being well informed about HIV, I'd suggest you peruse the wealth of information on this site, in its archives and on the related links.

Be safe. Be well.

Dr. Bob

received oral sex from a hooker, will donate $50 soon as i get the answer. thanx

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint