I hope you don't dismiss my question (wanting to start a family)

Hello Doctor,

I am a frequent visitor to your forum and I hope you do not dismiss my question thinking it is silly. I am being honest with your regarding my whole situation. Here goes:

My wife and I have decided to start a family and so we both thought that we should get tested so to be sure and not put anyones health at risk including the new born (if god grants us one). So i called a clinic and spoke with a nurse who said i do not need an appt and i can just come in. Since an appt was not made and the nurse was new it caused her to get in trouble and as a result she was quite upset with me (although not my fault). She then said hold on and went towards the lab and came back after 5 mins and took me back to the lab. She then took my blood and told me the insti rapid test would not detect both subtype 1 and 2 so that is why she would do a blood test.

When i called back for my results 2 weeks later I found out she no longer worked there. At this and the fact that she was quite upset and that fact she told me false information (as confirmed by another nurse) regarding the insti test made my quite nervous. I kept thinking she may have used a contaminated needle to draw my blood (but i didnt see any visible blood on the outside of needle). As a result, i got a 3 week and then a 6 week rapid test done and both were negative.

Please answer my questions so that i can put my worries aside.

1. Do my 3 and 6 week test show that i am out the woods?

2. If there was blood in the hollow part of the needle which was hiv positive blood and the blood during my blood draw would get sucked into the blood tube with my blood would my Elias test have turned out to be reactive as well?

On another note my wife has an ovarian cyst and she got a transvaginal ultrasound done but they did not put a condom over the instrament and 3 weeks later she had flu like symptoms. Would this be of any worry, she then tested 5 weeks later as per both of us wanting to start a family and it was negative.

3. Would this be of any concern? If not, can you please advise why.

Do you think we are ok to start trying to start a family based on what i have told you? I just don't want to put any lives in danger. I hope you do understand.

Thanks.

1. You were never in any woods in the first place.

2. This question is way too hypothetical to even warrant a response.

3. No.

All of your fears are unwarranted, and I see no reason to postpone the baby-making. If your fears persist, you should seek psychological help in confronting your irrational and totally unwarranted worries.

Kid from Arkansas asking hick question about boxers
no true scientific proof that hiv exists - see website (AIDS DENIALISM, 2010)