Is this a newer HIV test?

Hi Doc,

Today I received negative results from an Antibody test labeled "Qual HIV 1/O/2 Abs". From the lab's website I got the following details. Based on some research, it looks like this may be one of the more recent (3rd generation tests). However, when I asked the person at the lab, they had absolutely no idea what I was talking about and didn't act like they knew anything about the different types of tests out there. Could you please help decipher?

I wanted you to know that during my waiting period, you posts have given me a lot of comfort. You are an AMAZING person and, from the bottom of my heart, thanks for all that you do! I have donated to your foundation and I hope others that have asked for your help and advice will also because your efforts are very much needed and appreciated!!

Methodology: Immunochemiluminometric assay (ICMA)

Additional Information: Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV 1/O/2). This test uses recombinant antigen sources and detects antibodies by specific immune binding and subsequent chemiluminescent reaction (ICMA technology). Sensitivity and specificity of this assay are 100% and 99.9%, respectively.

Yes, it appears your antibody test was a third generation assay. Assuming you took the test three months or longer from the date of last potential exposure, you can consider your negative results definitive and conclusive.

Congratulations and WOO-HOO!

more of a statement
accidental needel pic