more of a statement

I think the internet has given my hypochondria, on top of saving my life. I think if maybe it weren't for the internet I might actually have become positive by now. All praises and thanks to Allah as well as you and whoever contribute to these message boards.

But and this is a big but, as a result of all this information I am less happy overall than when I used to be unsafe and stupid roughly from 18-23. I have now also become abstinent something I did nothing I could acheive as a gay male but this last hiv scare has made me achieve it. I'd rather be old and ugly and perhaps alone if it will keep me 6 feet above ground.

You make it seem as though there are only two options:

1. Unsafe and stupid but happy and sexually satisfied.

2. Abstinent, old, and ugly, but fearful and sexually frustrated.

In reality most of us opt for a third alternative:

3. Safe, sane, healthy and sexually fulfilled.

Why not pick up a package of latex condoms and tube of your favorite condom-compatible lube and give option three a try?

Got Chlamydia, could I have gotten HIV too?
Is this a newer HIV test?