more of a statement
Mar 12, 2010
I think the internet has given my hypochondria, on top of saving my life. I think if maybe it weren't for the internet I might actually have become positive by now. All praises and thanks to Allah as well as you and whoever contribute to these message boards.
But and this is a big but, as a result of all this information I am less happy overall than when I used to be unsafe and stupid roughly from 18-23. I have now also become abstinent something I did nothing I could acheive as a gay male but this last hiv scare has made me achieve it. I'd rather be old and ugly and perhaps alone if it will keep me 6 feet above ground.
Response from Dr. Frascino
You make it seem as though there are only two options:
1. Unsafe and stupid but happy and sexually satisfied.
2. Abstinent, old, and ugly, but fearful and sexually frustrated.
In reality most of us opt for a third alternative:
3. Safe, sane, healthy and sexually fulfilled.
Why not pick up a package of latex condoms and tube of your favorite condom-compatible lube and give option three a try?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anxiety Symptoms Cause By Fear Of Hiv Infection
- How Long Does It Take An Hiv Positive Person To Start Showing Signs Of The Disease?
- Can You Get Hiv From Sucking Girls Breasts?
- Reactive Hiv Test Means
- Can Someone Get Hiv If Neither Partner Has Hiv?
- Can Atripla Cause False Positive On Drug Screen For Marijuna?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.