Got Chlamydia, could I have gotten HIV too?

Dear Dr. Robert,

I am a Greek 30 year old not-virgin-anymore, and I am scared. Two weeks ago I had sex (for the first time) with a high-class escort (those ladies who do a lot of stuff for a lot of money). We had protected sex, I didn't performed oral sex on her, but she performed UNPROTECTED oral on me. Three hours later my urethra felt funny, tingly, but one-two hours later, the feeling subsided. Five days later I begun having bellyaches, one swollen testicle then the other, slight fever, nausea and I was feeling like my bladder was swollen.

I went to a doctor, and he claimed that I was just nervous and that I needed to calm down. I went to another doctor, he sympathized with my plight, examined my physically, and said nothing was wrong. He told me however, to have a urine exam.

When the results came, he said that there was some mucus in my urine, quite POSSIBLY chlamydia. He prescribed Vibramycin to me for 7 days, and this is my 2nd day of treatment. I feel better, but now, here is my 100 dollar question:

What are the odds that (if the escort had HIV besides Chlamydia) I got HIV along with Chlamydia? I read in the web that Chlamydia can increase HIV chances about tenfold, and I'm panicking right now, because if the girl had Chlamydia, that means that she's quite vulnerable to HIV infection through unprotected oral, right?

Please answer my question doc!

Your HIV-acquisition risk, even with the possible (but not confirmed) chlamydia infection, remains exceedingly low.

Some STDs, like chlamydia, for instance, are much, much easier to acquire than HIV. It is true that having chlamydia could attract white blood cells to the site of infection and thereby increase the risk for concurrent HIV transmission. I would recommend you get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark just to put any residual fears permanently to rest. Statistically the odds are all in your favor that you did not acquire HIV on your first time out.

Good luck. Be safe. Be well.

Platelet Donor + False Positive Test
more of a statement