Platelet Donor + False Positive Test

I am a platelet donor and I recently (Jan. 19) received a tetanus vaccine. I donated last week and received a letter in the mail today that my antibody test came back positive for HIV I/II, but the Western Blot and NAT test were both negative. In the letter, the blood center MD told me that I was negative but can't donate until 6 months later after a negative blood test. Is there any cause for me to be concerned that I might have HIV?, or are the two tests conclusive enough to rule out HIV?

Hi

Your HIV screen (positive antibody test followed by negative Western Blot and undetectable NAT) is considered a negative HIV screening test. As for if you should be concerned that you might have HIV, that is dependent solely on your HIV risk. If you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, then yes, you should be concerned and you should have HIV testing three months or longer from the last date of potential exposure. If, on the other hand, you've had no HIV risk, you should have no cause for concern and your recent tests would be merely a confirmation of your negative status.

Birmingham hip resurfacing and surgery with an HIV person
Got Chlamydia, could I have gotten HIV too?