All the signs point to Crazy!!! Please advise...
Mar 11, 2010
I have written to you in the past, and really look to you for expertise advice! I will straight to the point with my questions:
1. I was exposed to HIV about 2 and half years ago. I was tested after that exposure 2,5,6,11.5,18 months NEGATIVE. on ELISA. I also had a viral load test at the 18th month mark, undectable... Do I need more testing??
2.I have had several concerning symptoms persist throughout this time. such as Sinus cysts, itchy dry skin, headaches,fatigue and fat gain in my belly and on my back. Are these symptoms consistent with HIV?
Question - Is it possible for a person to serocovert later than 18 months after exposure?? How is a person supposed to move and know with 100% assurance that they are HIV negative? I have found the love of my life and I wantto start a family, do you think I can without worry from HIV or seroconverting late?
Please, please answer my questions... My doctors all say that I'm crazy and OCD.
But I know, and trust what you have to say, Dr. Bob.
Thank you, Thank you.
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. No, you do not need more testing. You've had way too much already! Your repeatedly negative HIV ELISA tests out to 18 months plus your undetectable viral load PCR test at 18 months are definitive, conclusive, excessive and WOO-HOO-able. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.
2. "Symptoms" are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. Your symptoms are not HIV related. Why? Because you don't have HIV! Did you forget already? Review #1 above!
3. No. You are not a late seroconverter. If you can't accept the overwhelming and irrefutable evidence that you dodged the HIV bullet, you should seek psychiatric help. I agree with your doctors and the title of your question: " All the signs point to Crazy!!!". You're totally looney tunes, a real fluffernutter.
Be well. Stay well. You are indeed "well," except for your OCD being OOC (out of control).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Herpes Spread By Sharing Food?
- What Can Cause A False Positive Hpv Test?
- What Can Can Cause A False Positive Syphilis Test?
- What Are Shingles And What Do They Look Like?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Genital Herpes While Using A Condom?
- Syphilis How Does It Affect Reproductive System
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.