Really Scared Doc! Please Help! Will donate
Mar 10, 2010
Firstly, I would like to say May God shower his blessings upon you for all the great work you are doing. You are truly an inspiration. I know you do not require a donation to answer questions but I would like to donate anyway.
For the past month I have been quite stressed out.
Here's whats happening:
Four weeks ago I had sex with an escort in Canada. My condom slipped towards the end and I partially ejaculated in her. I might have been in there unprotected for a minute or so.
The first week, i had this weird tingling sensation on my lips, nostrils, eyes and penis head. I was also having neck pains. The following week i started developing nasal congestion and a bit of sinus headaches, swollen lymph nodes on the right side of my neck and right groin. Then just about 3 weeks after the exposure I got a JOCK ITCH. I went to the doc and she prescribed Viraderm and it has been helping. The redness and inflammation has gone down within 3 days. Neck pain still persists.
These symptoms have alleviated my anxiety and stress levels, especially since i got the jock itch. I am totally freaking out. I just went to get a HIV test yesterday (28 day mark). I know it wont be conclusive but I just had to get it done. I will be getting my results on Thursday, March 11th. I am just praying to God that its NEGATIVE.
My Questions: 1. Do my symptoms indicate typical ARS symptoms? (I know HIV should never be diagnosed my symptoms alone) 2. I understand that Candida is common in HIV positive patients. How soon does it occur in newly infected HIV patients? within weeks? months? 3. Is the lack of Fever highly indicative that its NOT ARS symptoms?
Look forward to hearing from you doc. Everyday I pray to God to forgive me and give me another chance. I will need your good luck KARMA through these difficult times as well.
God bless you doc!
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. No. Your "symptoms" are not worrisome for HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS). (And you are correct about the unreliability of symptoms in predicting who is and is not HIV infected.)
2. This is very variable from case to case. Oral candidiasis (thrush) is found in 12% of HIVers undergoing seroconversion (ARS). It is much more commonly seen in late-stage disease.
3. Fever is seen in 96% of ARS cases. Consequently, your lack of fever is indeed somewhat encouraging.
Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return, I'm sending my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will always be HIV free.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Sharing Razors Or Drinks?
- Does Septra Ds Treat Chlamydia?
- Genital Wart Treatment And Healing Time
- Could Hiv Appear To Be Allergies
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.