Immunologist Visit 3 Now On To Endocrinologist

Hi Dr. Bob,

I wrote to you before and have had 11 negative hiv tests since 2003. I had gone to an immunologist and he found I had low testosterone. He ordered an MRI of the pituitary gland and also an ultrasound of the testicles. Neither test really showed anything to cause the low testosterone, which just makes me more worried.

I feel that I have signs of lipodystrophy, my legs ache every day and seem to be thinning. Same with forearms. I've gained weight lately, but it's in my belly.

If you have spasms in your legs, like they sort of kick on their own once in a while or especially at night before going to sleep, is that neuropathy? They're not falling asleep, but they just sort of spasm on their own.

The immunologist is sending me to a endocrinologist to try and either find the reason for low testosterone or else just give me a supplement.

Can testosterone replacement stop or reverse muscle loss and thinning like I'm seeing in my legs?

Thanks,

Matt

Hello Matt,

Why are you continuing to perseverate on a disease for which there is overwhelming and irrefutable evidence proving you don't have it??? You've had 11 negative tests since 2003. ELEVEN!!! Frevinsakes Matt!

The leg spasms you describe are not at all consistent with neuropathy.

Hypogonadism (low testosterone) is a fairly common condition. The vast, vast majority of cases have nothing to do with HIV/AIDS! I'm confident the endocrinologist will help you sort this problem out.

Testosterone replacement therapy will help you build muscle and lose fat, particularly if you hit the gym regularly.

Depressed and anxious - 3rd post
you are a great men please help me (part 2)