Neg at 37 days

Hi Dr. Bob

Firstly thank you again for this excellent resource - it is both informative and re-assuring to read (it also gave me a kick up the ass to the reality of STD's)

I wrote to you about 3-4 weeks ago and you were kind enough to answer. I had a high risk encounter 47 days ago. On the 41st day I got a bad cough and runny nose etc. It is now the 47th day and still have cough etc. but think I may have slightly swollen glands and a slight temp (only noticed today). I know the symptoms of ars are variable but am I still in the window for ars symptoms?

Also the second part of my question relates to some advice you gave me in the last post. You told me to ease the burden on my mind to track down my high risk encounter partner and get him tested as well. So on the 37th day post possible exposure we both went to get tested. Got the results today and both of us came up negative for everything. The results were given via phone call but they are sending out written confirmation so I will be able to see my high risk partners results on paper. Given that we both tested neg at 37 days do you think the odds are on my side for not having contracted the virus (p.s. this was my only risky encounter). I will get tested at 12 weeks as well regardless.

Again thank you so much for this wonderful site and after my 12 week test am donating 100 of my finest euro's to your very worthy cause (cash is tight at the moment!)

Many Thanks and stay well

1. Generally the symptoms associated with HIV ARS become manifest two to three weeks after HIV primary infection.

2. The odds are now astronomically in your favor!

I'm extremely confident your definitive 12-week test will be negative! Thanks in advance for your generous donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. Your one gift will touch many lives in desperate need. In return I'm sending you my best good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will always be HIV free.

Good luck!

eye splash from positive hiv pt
Am I positive?