I promise a donation. Please help this Lady from Wisconsin -- My family is at stake. PEP maybe? Thank You in Advance

Dear Dr. Bob,

Please help a Lady here in Wisconsin. I have looked through your archives and have found some similarities but do not know if they are an exact match to me. I have to hear from the Dr.'s fingertips to my eyes. Please don't throw me away. My family life is at stake.

As you can imagine Wisconsin is a cold state. I work with a lady that is HIV + ,,, She is always biting her skin around her nails. She doesn't bite her nails but bites the skin around them. So she always has pulled out skin or pulled back skin from the biting. We here in Wisconsin call those "Stingers". As you know, because they sting. So I have one on the top of my index finger from myself pulling off some dry skin. And believe me they do sting when you mess with them or apply pressure to that area where they are at.

Well I dropped off something at her desk and she said thank you and put her hand out to shake mine. So without thinking I shook her hand. Got back to my desk and my mind started going nuts. I watch her chewing on her fingers all the time. And nervously biting around her nails. So knowing her, I asked her if she had any "stingers" She said yes. She showed them to me and there were two of them on her hand that I shook.( index finger and another one) I just had to ask. How old they were and she said a couple of hours was the last time she was biting her fingers. I went home sick just thinking about it. I have one on the top of my index finger-where it is a little red with pulled back skin. That is the same hand I used to shake hers with. My right.

Please answer me so I can rest. My anxiety is now running wild and I know sleep will be far from me.

YOU are a Wonderful man Dr. Bob helping so many people around the world. Please help me and answer me directly so I know this pretains to me and what to do. So I can either put this behind me or move on with what-ever it is you guide me to do. Treatment, this PEP stuff. Whatever!

1.) Dr. Bob? What are my chances of getting the HIV virus from this HIV+ woman if our "Stingers" had contact while shaking each others hands?

2.) Do I have anything to be terrified about? Should I get a test? I am staying away from my family after this so I do not spread anything to them. I am a married woman with children and now this is happening :( . I am so terrified!!

Once again Dr. Bob ,, I hope you can answer my concerns and I can move on with my life and get close to my family again.

I think you are marvelous man and I will give a real nice donation to your Foundation if you supply me with an address.

I could go on because I will not be sleeping at all until I hear from you and can figure out what my next step is.

Thank You so much for reading this Dr. Bob,

Lisa C-N.

Hi Lisa C-N,

1. Completely nonexistent.

2. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. HIV testing is not warranted. Worry is not warranted. PEP is most definitely not indicated.

Stop worrying and get some sleep. Dark circles under the eyes are never flattering!

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site, (www.concertedeffort.org). The foundation's address is:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Avenue, Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024

Be well. Yes, you are indeed well.

Should I do another W.B. or HIV Combo is enough
Masturbation - most doctors can't answer this question