Do four "undoubtedly negatives" still equal an "undoubtedly negative"?

Hi Doc,

Well, it's that time. After my last relationship ended about a year and a half ago, I got an HIV test and it was negative. After that test, my depression from the relationship along with having some co-workers who enjoyed strip clubs increased my visits to the local "bada-bing". This week I am being forced to have a test, and as I haven't had a "risky activity" in a while (I stopped working for that company so it worked itself out), I'm confident this test result will be the last one I'll be unsure about.

In the past year, I've had many "close calls", including a hand job from a stripper, my face between her breasts, a random cut on my hand while in a club that caused me to question if it was a needle, many lap dances through jeans only, and a slew of other experiences which "made me different" than others on here asking similar questions. I'm still really nervous - I still wonder where that cut came from on my hand, for the most part - but I'm trying to remain strong.

Alas, here's to a hopefully negative test result, and a gut feeling that four "undoubtedly negatives" really does still equal "undoubtedly negative".

Cheers,

Sleepless in Portland/Worried

Hello Sleepless in Portland/Worried,

What makes you think your "slew of experiences . . . made (you) different" from others on this site? I would say quite the contrary. Your activities and worries are identical to gazillions of others. A quick read through the archives will conclusively prove that point.

Finally, four "undoubtedly negatives" really does equal "undoubtedly negative."

So, Sleepless in Portland/Worried, it's time to stop worrying and hit the sheets for some zzzzz's.

Pleasant (worry-free) dreams,

Anal Mucus: Clean or Dirty
TREATING A STD WHILE HIV POSTIVE