Please Dr. Bob, Please Please just answer one more question

Dr. Bob, Please just answer one more question, I am very scared and I still have symptoms that I cant explain.

To make sure I understand you correctly. If my hiv/pcr rna test is non detectable less than at 8 weeks, what about where I have read that hiv positive people can show non detectable on a hiv/pcr rna test.

1. If I had not serconverted yet, and I was positive, is 8 weeks too long to show a high viral load, would it have declined by this time or would it still be high? 2. You have mentioned many times in your postings that you suggest a follow up at 6 months. Is 12 weeks long enough to have developed antibodies that would show up on a standard hiv test? Regardless of antibiotics I was taking. Do you feel that 12 weeks is long enough to be conclusive that I dont need to retest. Please let me know your detailed thoughts on this. I still have a rash appearing and weight loss and I am still worried. To help support the great work that you do, I will be making another donation. I really do appreaciate your help Dr. Bob. Please answer my posting, thank you.

Just because you "still have symptoms that (you) can't explain" doesn't mean you have HIV! Remember, "symptoms" are notoriously unreliable in predicting who has HIV!

As for your specific questions:

1. You would be expected to have a detectable HIV plasma RNA PCR at eight weeks if you're HIV infected.

2. Yes, 12 weeks would be long enough. Antibiotics do not affect HIV test results or the duration of the HIV window period.

We were worried about you
Anal Mucus: Clean or Dirty