just a little of your time part 2

thank you doctor bob for answering my question. your a very good human. i just happen to get your response just as i am going to get tested at 6 weeks. and im kind of worried due to you not putting your good luck karma in the message and also for not dismissing my symptoms. but overall im happy that you stated my risk was low which consequently means my chances of testing negative is high. but thank you anyway and i also hope to help people just like you helped me. and ps where have you been for freakinsakes lol

Sorry for the oversight. Good-luck karma signed, sealed and sent.

As for my brief absence, I'm doing way too much traveling these days, and occasionally I find myself in locations that are Internet-challenged.

I'm awaiting your WOO-HOO!

just a little of your time please Mar 7, 2010

a couple of questions sir 1.is oral sex only a risk when blood,semen,precum,and vaginal fluid involed ?. 2.is mouth problems a predominate symptom of acute hiv infection ?. 3.is the elisa only capable of detecting hiv antibodies or does it detect all antibodies produce from your body ?. 4.and can you please provide me with your expertise regarding my current situation. i had an encounter with a prostitute involing oral sex with possibly a ngu infection not caused by an std but by hygine issues,the oral sex was vigours and lasted for 5 minutes. 2 weeks after that i came down with a low grade fever, a really bad headache maybe a migrane, bad stomach pains, with dierrha one day, and the next only going once but consistent lose bowels with excessive flatulence and belching and really bad heartburn, also my jaw and gums and teeth hurt with the roof of my mouth aching sometimes and little bumps growing around my gums and one on the roof of my mouth that has gone away and a patch of bumbs on my upperback near a patch of hair that my girlfriend said was dry skin, and muscle and joint pain, sir if you could just tell me if these symptoms are hiv related and whats my chances of contracting the disease. i have already donated and really just need your help please sir

1. Oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV transmission/acquisition. That risk is increased with the presence of blood, semen, precum and/or vaginal secretions.

2. Mouth symptoms can be present during acute retroviral syndrome (ARS), but they would not be considered the "predominant symptoms".

3. ELISA refers to a type of test. There are many different types of ELISA tests that measure many different types of circulating proteins. An HIV ELISA specifically targets anti-HIV antibodies. Sometimes cross-reacting nonspecific antibodies may also bind to HIV ELISA test assays.

4. our HIV-acquisition risk is low. Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. Consequently there is no way I can tell you if your symptoms are HIV-related or not. The bottom line is that if you placed yourself at risk for HIV, you need HIV testing at the three-month mark, whether or not you have symptoms.

painful glands for 5 years (message for worried wells)
dr bob please answer this i love you