painful glands for 5 years (message for worried wells)

i had two risky encounters traveling in thailand 8 years ago. the first happened in bankok when i had just arrived, i drunkenly had unprotected sex for a couple of minutes before i realised what a stupid thing i was doing. i found out later he was a gigalo. i remained drunk for the rest of the trip. the second time two months later i had a month long fling with the most beautiful thai man. i was very sure to use condoms this time but on the last week one broke and he came inside of me. i have spent the last 8 years sick with worry that i might of contracted hiv. i swear most of these years has been spent trawling through these sites. then 5 years ago my glands start to hurt, all of them. i go to the doctor thinking im going to die in the next couple of weeks ha ha. she reckoned it was nothing and being a white british female i was of no risk to hiv. if only i could of had the guts to tell her how stupid i had been in thailand. so for the next 5 years i told no one, couldnt form any proper relationships with men in fear of them asking to not use condoms or alas have children because i was sure i was hiv. every aspect of my life was affected by hiv a disease i have lived with for eight years. i tried to forget it but the pain in my glands reminded me every day, the amount of times i have checked my tongue and prodded my glands, no wonder they hurt. so eventually i build up the courage to get a test, purely because it had been eight years and i would probably get ill soon if i didnt get medication. it was negative. idiot. i cant believe i didnt get the test earlier. i was 101% sure i had it. no 150% thank you so much for this site. i have learnt so much about hiv over the years. please post because no one should live like this, a life full of fear. thankyou again mel

I'd like to wish you a long-overdue WOO-de-frickin'-HOO! Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your story about your self-induced exile in worried-well hell. Your post (and your 150% certainty!) will fit nicely into our new category in the archives entitled "I'm Positive I'm Positive." As you can probably guess, it's filled exclusively with worried-well-negatives!

Be well. Stay well. Cheers!

prick during an poeration.
just a little of your time part 2