prick during an poeration.

I had a needle prick while carring out a caesarian section on an HIV positive patient,my needle slipped out of the needle holder and hit my left index finger.After the surgery i noticed a little scratch which only bled after i applied pressure on the prick site,then immediately i expelled and washed the site thoroughly.Now im on post exposure prophylaxis treatment,but somehow i believe its impossible to get HIV from that accident.Im really tempted to stop the PEP treatment because its nauseating.Just want to know the chances of becoming positive from a single shallow prick from a suture needle and if taking PEP for about 1 week is of any relivance.Thanks.

Although not "impossible," it would be extremely unlikely. In situations like yours most HIV experts would "offer," but not necessarily "recommend," PEP. You can review the revised guidelines for using PEP for an occupational exposure at

HIV and Autoimmue Ear Disorder
painful glands for 5 years (message for worried wells)