Just Diagnosed...

Dr. Bob, again, you have been very helpful. Thanks for your insights. I'll definitely follow through your suggestions to learn more about HIV and to do more about getting involved in any kind of activism to help advance a better understanding of this condition. I have come up with the NASA thought because one night I was following up with a NASA documentary about using space science to better understand the human DNA to help advance cures for various diseases. The effort by NASA in that regard is yet in its budding stage, but from what I learnt watching that TV documentary there seems to be hope in that regard. Well, I am glad that I will not be blacklisted in any international database. It is really not fair for people with such condition to be ostracized by society, as a matter of fact. From the scanty knowledge I have gathered so far, HIVers are even more at risk to be infected by non-HIVers because of HIVers compromised immune systems. It is a fact that HIVers cannot just spread the virus except through unprotected sex, infected needles, etc. So I do not see myself been a risk to my fellow humans by just being in a flight or in a room with people, among other things. Do you have any ideas how I can get more involved? I would like to know more about the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation and how can I be relevant to the work of the Foundation. Regards, Dan

Hey Dan,

Maybe we should enlist NASA's help, because so far our efforts at discovering a cure haven't proved fruitful.

You are correct about HIV-transmission/acquisition risks. HIV is not transmitted via causal contact, and there is absolutely no reason you shouldn't continue traveling and consulting.

Information about The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site, (www.concertedeffort.org).

As for how to get involved in battling the pandemic, I'd suggest you contact your local AIDS service organizations. Just Google "AIDS service organizations" and the name of your city. A list should pop up. These organizations generally are in need of volunteers and you should be able to find an opportunity that fits your interests and time.

Be well Dan.

Probably the GROSSES question from a Woman (Lady) but I will donate for your answer Please, Dr. Bob
3 month Window Period or Six Month Window Period (WINDOW PERIOD, 6 WEEKS v 3MONTHS v 6 MONTHS)