Probably the GROSSES question from a Woman (Lady) but I will donate for your answer Please, Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob,

I am really quite a lady but after reading this I don't know what you'd think.

I got cleaned up today (Sunday) and went to church. In the meantime, I guess while I was driving I must have scratched the inside of my nose, must of been with my left hand.

After getting to church, If I remember right, I opened the church door with my right hand, Opened the door in church with my right hand and then took the rope down with my right hand. I might of pulled the seat down with my left hand,,, and sat through the service. .... About 30 minutes later I walked to my car,,, Went to get something stuck in my teeth ,, and right before I put my left thumb into my mouth a noticed a red Spot,,, like a booger,,,, a red dot,,,,, Ugggghhh,,,,, Grossssss,,,,

My question is ,,, after 30 minutes if I would have picked that up form church and not myself..... If it was somebody else's red dot --My question is kind of gross ,,, If that was not anything that came from me ,, but from someone else ( I don't even want to think about it) What are my chances of getting HIV this way? Suppose it wasn't mine and the person who's it was is HIV + ... After 30 minutes of not putting my fingers in my mouth ,, and then I did and it was gone,, (YuK!!) What are the chances of catching HIV from this ,,, if it wasn't mine and somebody was HIV + and it hit my mouth....? Again after 30 minutes ,, maybe longer but I know it was at least 30 and hit my mouth,, HIV this way?

Thank You,

I know it's gross.

Give me a place to donate.

Thanks again, Karen

Hi Karen,

Your question might be a bit unappetizing, but it doesn't even rate in the top 10 for grossest questions posed in this forum! Your worries are unwarranted. Your "what ifs" are very hypothetical. The chances that bloody booger (or whatever it was) belonged to an HIVer are remote at best. Also, HIV doesn't live very long at all outside the body. Hence, as "yuky" as the experience was, it did not pose an HIV-acquisition risk.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at (www.concertedeffort.org). Thank you for your willingness to help those in desperate need.

Be well. Stay well.

A Question for Dr. Bob - The King of the world! :o)
Just Diagnosed...