Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Re: Riddle me this.
Feb 28, 2010

RE:

Hello,

So four years ago I told you that you had nothing to worry about and HIV was not your problem. No way. No how. In the intervening four years you've had "no serious issues and appear healthy." And your question is: are you still "good as gold"??? Care to make an educated guess what my response will be? Come on dude, this isn't rocket science. I'll let you answer your own "riddle," OK?

Dr. Bob

The answer would be yes. I am good as gold and should move on and be thankful. While I'm here I have a story to share with you. For years I have been trying to figure out who I am. It's been a emotional roller coaster so to speak. I have my days I like who I am and other days not so much. I've lived my life in secrets. I've had 2 relationships along the way that failed. Life became hard to live. It became even harder when I worried myself if I had become infected or not. Thank's to your kind words and assurance,it has help direct me to a better place. Back in 2007, I was not very honest with my place of employment. Most of all, I wasn't honest with myself. At this time I was so caught up with myself if I was infected or not. I wasn't living life. I just worried and was miserable. I prayed to God to give me answers. I admitted my sexual relationships and what I have done. I asked God to let me know I'm safe and not infected. Believe it or not I asked to be fired for my wrong doings. I was willing to risk anything for answers. Not long after I was fired. I felt on that day God answered my question. Despite being upset, apart of me was happy. I felt my question was answered. Since, I have changed my ways. I no longer suffer from the chains dragging me down. I no longer engage in a secret life. I just live for today. I have been single for about 3 or 4 yrs. I have not had any sexual relations either. I vow to live my life the best I can. I want to be happy, healthy and to give to others. I have a renewed faith in God. I'm not a extremely religious, I just know what works for me. What I'm saying is be honest with yourself. Live life and love life. Just make good decisions and you too can be happy from harms way. Also, Dr. Bob I have on last question. I don't know how religious you are but do you think it's a sin to masterbate? I've heard that if you lust about someone while masterbating it is. What if I don't think about anyone or I get off looking at my own body? Is that a sin? Because, I' willing to live the right way, the best I can but don't want to give up masterbation on occasion. Thanks for everything!!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Thanks for your thanks. I'm glad you are learning to be upfront and honest with yourself and others.

Regarding masturbation being a sin, well, if it is, I'm going to hell along with every other healthy, well-adjusted, sexually aware person on the planet. No, my friend, masturbation is not a sin. The higher powers wouldn't have given you a home entertainment center if they didn't want you to use it! Peruse the information in the archives. We have an entire chapter devoted to whacking off. You should find the information there enlightening and reassuring. Masturbation is both normal and healthy.

Be well Sticky Fingers!

Dr. Bob

Previous
How Safe Is This?
Next
Hi, you say legends can't happen, but why can't it? (URBAN LEGENDS, 2010)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.