Feb 28, 2010
Dear Doctor,Im so scared.I went to a manicure,and she cut herself. Then when i saw ,it was too late.She took that same finger,and rolled th cotton with accetone to take the nail polish from my hands,and her blood was on it.I had 2 scratches on my fingers. Im terryfied.and felt like killing her for doing that.Please.do anser me.i will donate whatever......thank you so much
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Don't kill the manicurist! Your fears are unwarranted. The chances your manicurist is HIV-infected are slim. Plus, the chance she could transfer an adequate amount of fresh HIV-tainted blood via cotton balls into your two scratches is essentially nonexistent. Finally, acetone would kill HIV. OK?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Hiv From Manicure?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Type Of Doctor Who Removes Genital Warts
- Time Between Tingling And A Break Out With Herpes
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Genital Herpes While Using A Condom?
- Syphilis How Does It Affect Reproductive System
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.