Cont.......I know i have HIV! (ANOTHER "I KNOW I HAVE IT" QUESTION, 2010)
Feb 27, 2010
Once again its me! I know u were expecting a woo-hoo! from me last time when i updated my results from the hiv specialist appt. Issue is, and i know this is going to sound bad. I really do believe i have hiv! I keep reading, even in thebody.com that lymphadenophathy(tender/palpable nodes from head to knees) is one of the main symptoms for a recent HIV infection, add thrush, headaches, blurry vision, aches and pains, fatigue, imsomnia. Well even after numerous negative Elisa/oral swab/finger prick HIV 1/2 tests out to 97 days, 2 undetectible NAAT 5-7wks, 1 undetectible DNA PCR @ 18 days, 1 Real time HIV RNA undetectible/Elisa AB negative @ 11wks. Yes i know alot of test and very expensive tests at that. Well these are my questions,
1. Can i have an HIV strand that is not picked up by any of the test that i have taken, either the PCR test or AB test? And since the viral load is the highest during the 1st 3months, shouldnt one of the NAAT or PCR test picked something up?
2. Do you recommend I take another DNA PCR test or a different HIV RNA test? The last 2 "so called" HIV specialist have declined to do any further testing even with me having insurance.
3. Why do u sometimes recommend a 3 month test but then with some other people u recommend they test out to 6 months?
4. Can i sue my GP, and 2 HIV specialist if I do end up coming out HIV positive after 3 months. For the reason that i have let them inspect my lymph nodes and they keep saying that its fat under my skin or that those arent lymph nodes, when infact info online shows that we do have lymph nodes in those locations.
5. Have you ever seen a 3 month negative turn positive?
Honestly doc, I have learned alot from reading thebody.com, i always make it part of my day to read on research news and other peoples post, so hopefully my experience will be of use for someone later in life. I have been thru the hardest 3 months of my life. I wanna say i am ready for whatever the outcome but inside i am still very scared a positive result is waiting for me in the next 3 months.
I know ur a busy man, and i would just appreciate u answering these questions for me whenever u get a chance, no rush really. I am sorry i cannot donate at this time, but i have been out of work due to my symptoms. By the way thanks for updating ur blog. I left u a little comment.
Take care and live strong!
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. No. The NAAT and PCR didn't pick anything up, because there isn't anything there for them to pick up!
2. No. I agree with the advice of the "last 2 'so called' HIV specialists!" That now make three of us!
3. I've covered this topic extensively in the archives. Have a look!
4. No, of course not.
5. Only due to extenuating circumstances.
I, too, hope your experience is helpful for others visiting this forum. It's an excellent example of what anxiety and fear can do to someone. That's why I'm filing your post in our new category, "I'm Positive I'm Positive," in the archives. There you'll be in the company of other HIV-negative folks who seem unable to accept the reality they have dodged the HIV bullet.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Genital Rubbing
- Does HIV Cause Blood In Semen?
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bronchitis After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Testicular Pain After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Does Doxycycline Cure Chlamydia In One Day?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.