is it primary hiv? please an answer. it is 4th time

hello doctor, firstof all sorry for my english before eight months I went with a prostitute . i wore condom , which i checked at the end of sex.14 days later a Sunday. I got up to 38 fever (axilla temp), I got a ponstan( like advil) and I was fine.no fever for the rest of the day. the next day I woke up with 38.2, I went to a physician . he told me that i may have '' a viral illness''. he suggested me taking ponstan or depon (advil) and to come back if the fever continue after 3 days( 3 whole 24hours he told me).all day i have 38.2. the next morning I had 38.5. So i went to the local health center. the physician told that i have abnormalities in lung ausculation, so he suggested me to go for chest xray. He told me( from xray diagnosis) that i have bronchitis, although i hadnt cough. he gave me antibiotics for 10 days because of the risk of pneumonia if the fever persisted. Meanwhile I hadn't sore throat, muscle aches nothing at all. the next day.... I dont remember if i had fever...perhaps i had 38 at the morning and later from 37.0-37.4( i had it for one or two days) . In the evening , suddenly I had a strong pain in the ear .when I woke up and i went to eat, I sufferred when i shallow. It felt as through something is stuck in it and hurts on one side whenever I swallow. its like on the bottom back of the jaw, right above the Adams apple, not on the throat exactly, but at the top right. I hadn't the classic sore throat with pain in the posterior oropharynx. The pain was unilateral and in the site that i mentioned above. Furthermore, my right jaw became swollen, but not the lymph nodes, it was like an edema. I have passed mononucleosis and i know how is the lymph nodes to swell.This swelling was a general swelling and not the nodes. The pain on swallowing and the edema passed 2-3 days later. What is more, I had an small oral ulcer inside the lips. I am a person who often has mouth ulcers. I hadn't rash diaria , nausea, night sweats. I found in paper about acute infection , that when someone has ulcers , he will have rash ( 84 % in the paper of pedersen). I would like to tell me your opinion about the symptoms, especially the unilateral throat pain . I found that unilateral throat pain is bacterial infection. The pain was like lingual tonsilitis at one side only. I repeat that I wore condom that I checked. I would like to mention that 2 days before fever , I visited a strip club and a stripper spit in my mouth , as she was speaking to me. All my friends say that this is the reason for which i had this flu-like illness and not the primary hiv.The spit of stripper had viruses and microbia, my frineds said Please an answer, I am at a desperate situation. Giannis from Athens , Greece. DO you accept Euros?

Hello Giannis,

Unilateral throat pain symptoms, such as you experienced, are quite common, and can be caused by both viruses or bacteria. This type of symptom is not suggestive of HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS).

Condom-protected sex is indeed "protected," assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break. So you had essentially no HIV risk and your "symptoms" are not at all worrisome for HIV disease. I see absolutely no cause for concern whatsoever. If my reassurance is not sufficient for you to shake your fears, get a single HIV-antibody test. The results will undoubtedly be negative; however, this may be the most efficient and effective way for you to put your unwarranted worries permanently to rest (where they belong!).

Regarding donations to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org), the foundation would be delighted to accept any form of donation gift. The credit card donation function on the foundation's Web site is set for U.S. Dollars; however, you can send a check or bank draft in Euros if you so desire. In return for your gift, I'm sending you my thanks and my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will always be HIV free!

Good luck. Be well.

It isn't Urban Legend, Dr., it happened (URBAN LEGEND, 2010)
60 year old with no antibodies but HIV positive?