Pregnant & Crying= HIV?

Hi DOc, you are awesome and i wish you all the health & happiness in the world. Thanks for all your help, i know this takes major time & dedication. Will start off by telling you i have major anxiety about HIV. I'm currently 4 months pregnant and today bumpe into an old friend who was telling me she had cancer. I started crying, being emotional and pregnant. A while before a bum/homeless lady was walking around and as i was crying i started to wander what if the bum was around and while crying she splashed me from a scab(on her body)she may have had on her or some blood(like in a syringe)from her and it could have been HIV blood. My paranoia is that if she did splash i wouldn't have felt a difference bc i was already crying so my eyes were wet. My crazy question is should i get tested @ 3months? I am happily married with NO OTHER areas of potential concer/transmission. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME nad guide me through this anxiety/issue. All the best.

Hello Pregnancy & Crying,

You are wondering if "a bum/homeless lady splashed (you) from a scab on her body . . . or some blood like in a syringe"??? YIKES! Dearie, just how much crazy powder are you sprinkling on your prenatal vitamins???

You state, "I have major anxiety about HIV." BINGO! That's your problem; anxiety, not HIV! Your fears are completely unwarranted and totally irrational. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. HIV testing is not warranted. However, I would strongly advise you consider psychotherapy (counseling) to help you confront and cope better with your irrational fears and anxiety. Otherwise, your new addition may wind up with a fluffernutter for a mom or you might get dehydrated form all the nonstop bawling you've been doing. At any rate, the bottom line is "pregnant and crying does not equal HIV!"

Good luck. Be well.

Single Protected Vaginal Sex with prostitute - India
Is it ok to move on, Dr? I pray you give me some piece of mind.