Thank You Dr. Bob!! - No Humility -- Post this !!

Dear Dr. Bob,

You tuly are a gift of life for All people. You could get upset with some people for beating things down with the same concerns, but everybody around the globe should know that you will take them through their concerns.

Dr. Bob is the Greatest and it's amazing, for the first time I am so much in awe I am at a lost for words.

We love you and you will always be in our heart Dr. Bob!

Beverly

Hi Beverly,

Many thanks for your very kind comments. They are warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well. (Both you and hubby-man are indeed "well!")

Facial Nightmare - Part Two - Whoops - I forgot to leave my e-mail so - I post a 2nd time Feb 22, 2010 Dr. Bob,,

If yo believe that the answers to the questions I asked are Non-Existant -- Why would there be any need for a test.

Do you think there is a chance of Hiv? What did you mean by nonexistent? So to sound so stupid but now my husband thinks we shouldnt be in the bedroom for fear tht we could infect each other?

So he wants to stay away for the next 3 months. I know that this may sound "really out there" -- But what did you really mean by nonexistent when you said it?

I hop this question doesnt irritate you but now I would like to get back to a normal life with him.

Thank You Dr. Bob - I will make your donation worth the time you spent with us.

Your a Great inspiration to all Dr Bob, Beverly

Hello Beverly,

Nonexistent means absolutely no risk! None, zero, zip, nada, bupkis! (Certainly you must have a dictionary somewhere?) Because you had no HIV-acquisition risk, there is no medical justification for HIV testing. I mentioned the possibility of testing only "if you and your hubby continue to fret, despite my reassurance." The reason to test here is purely psychological.

It sounds like your husband is becoming even more of a fluffernutter than you. I'm certainly not irritated by your questions. I just don't know how to respond any more simply or straightforwardly than: You and your husband did not contract HIV from your "facial nightmare." You are both HIV negative. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

If you and/or your freaked-out spouse have difficulty accepting this fact, couples counseling may help you both confront and conquer your totally irrational and completely unwarranted fears. It may also get you both back into your Sealy Posturepedic sooner.

Facial Nightmare - I would like to donate. Feb 21, 2010

Dear Dr. Bob,

Two Quick Questions:

Simple: I went to get a facial. The lady that worked on me had bad hands. You would think that by using all those products her hands would be perfect. But just the opposite. Her fingers looked hacked up. She told me that she gets loose skin from her hands being wet all the time, and she has a habit of pulling and biting her own finger nails and skin..... YUK!!!

During the facial she puts something on your face that needs to sit there for 15 minutes. While this is happeneing she works on your feet. ... So here are my two questions.

1.) I have a scab on my big toe that has been there for 5 days. With her hands being is such bad shape. Her working on my feet touching and working over that scab. What are my chances of catching HIV this way?

2.) My husband goes to the same lady. We go together. After he saw the shape of her hands he is worried sick. Cannot even function. Before he goes to see her he usually shaves his face. Well, you know the question,,, He can't see anywhere,,, where he cut his face shaving.. But he is worried if he has any cuts or little nicks you can't see.. He shaved his face 45 minutes before we went to our appointment..What are his chances of getting HIV from this experience?

In both situations ,,, Lets assume this lady is HIV +. What are the chances in both experiences of catching HIV?

Thank You,

I Love Your work and the fact that you care for all these people around the world. You are very specail Dr. Bob. Not bad looking either. Good thing I'm married... LOL (just kidding).

Please chat back with me soon,

Beverly

AN ADDITION TO MY QUESTION DR BOB - FACIAL NIGHTMARE (Submitted Feb 19, 2010)

Dr. Bob,

I forgot to mention that when I told you this ladys hands were all hacked up -- What I meant by this is that she had a bunch of messed up finger nails, pulled skin, and surface cuts(wounds) from biting her fingers -- If you know what I mean.

I wanted to make all this clear so you could answer my tow questions accurtely.

What are our chances of getting HIV this way?

Thank You again Dr. Bob,

Beverly

Hi Beverly,

You want me to answer your "tow" questions "accurtely"???

1. Nonexistent.

2. Nonexistent.

Both your and your husband's worries are unwarranted. HIV testing is not medically warranted or recommended. However, if you and hubby continue to fret, despite my reassurance, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The results will undoubtedly be negative, and then although I could say "I told you so," instead I'll WOO-HOO with you both. OK?

By the way Bev, not only are you married, but so am I!

Be well. Stop worrying.

Dr. Bob -- What did yuo mean Feb 22, 2010

Dr. bob,

by the word medially in this response?

Thank You, Beverly

Hi Beverly,

"Medially" was a typo. It should have read "medically." (I've now corrected my error.) I'm sure you understand how easy it is for typos to slip by, considering the title of this question: "Dr. Bob -- What did "yuo" mean"!

So Bev, it's one for one. We're even!

hiv/hepc exposure
occupational hazard. canuck bucks donated