Thank you DR. Bob (scard dad and husband)

Thank you Dr. Bob you are the man, the king and the best. thank you soooooooo much for answer my question today. now I might just get a good night sleep and my wife and I might have some fun tonight..... I can finally stop be scared. know that everyone in my household has a cold not hiv symptoms(I know dumb).

I also wanted to tell you what you do is great. I know you hear it a lot but what you do is Gods work (Don't know if you are a religious man don't want to upset you). I know you might get upset at some of the dumb questions you get. But the sad thing about that, is it shows (I think) how 25 to 30 years of hiv been in our world a lot of people still don't know a lot about it( me included).

well thank you Dr. Have a great day and may your health stay good for a long long time. Hopefully one day you will be the first person to be cured from hiv. truly mean that. thank you scared dad and husband

Hi Scared Dad and Husband,

Thanks for your thanks and your very kind comments.

I don't really get upset by some of the nonsensical questions that come my way about mosquitos, lap dances and HIV farts (see below). I do occasionally find myself banging my head against the keyboard at yet another QTND (question that never dies), but then again, if these questions didn't continually resurface, they would't qualify as QTND, right?

Finally, I don't need (or desire) to be the first person cured of this scourge. If and when, no let's just say when, we have discovered the cure, I'll be happy to wait in line with the other 34,000,000 positively charged folks struggling to be free of HIV.

Be well. Stay well.

i smelled hiv charged farts... help! Sep 9, 2009

there wasnt any odor, but i know i inhaled them, i know inhalation is a route of medicine administration, so it does gets to your bloodstream, the other reason is that i have a weak immmune system so that increases my chances of contracting the virus, (i have a masters of public health) i dont want to wait 3 months, is PCR recommended? thanks wonderful dr. bobby... Linda

Hi Linda,

You have a master's degree in public health and you're worried that you may have contracted HIV because you smelled odorless HIV-charged farts????? Tell me Linda, where did you get that public health master's diploma? EBay perhaps???

Linda, let's you and I think this through, OK? If HIV were transmitted by airborne farts, wouldn't everyone who has dinner in a Mexican restaurant be infected? I mean come on; those refried beans can generate enough combustible gas to launch the space shuttle, right?

So relax Linda. HIV is not transmitted via farts, fragrant or otherwise.

hiv risk? will donate please answer going nuts about this. Feb 18, 2010

Hello Dr. Bob I have question. Before I ask it I know your going to think I'm nuts, but I'm really scared and know I shouldn't be. My wife is telling me stop worring, but I can't ( she is the brains of our operation). I'll take any answer short or long. just please answer and then maybe I can finally get a good nights sleep. I will donate I promise. here I go about 3 weeks ago I picked up a pre made sub sandwitch from 7-11 store(I know gross, but I was hungrey). well I was half done I noticed a red spot (dry) on the sandwitch. maybe blood maybe not, but now I have it stuck in my head that it was blood. 1. If it was blood I'm I at risk of hiv? did have cut in mouth. don't think it was my blood on the sandwitch. 2. when hiv dies can it come back to life?(I know dumb question but I don't)3.I'm sure I touched to red spot and then touch stuff all over my car. my kids are in and out of that car are they at risk? one last thing I asked my anut who is a RN and she told me nothing to worry about. but then she ask a doctor and he made me come in for hiv test (negative) and wants me to came back in 6 mt for another. He told me I had a small risk. scared the crap out of me. that is why I'm going nuts. called cdc hotline they told me you can't get hiv that way and my kids are fine. I'm still scared, can't be with my wife( if you know what I mean). please answer I promise I will donate. I know hiv does not live outside the body long I know all that, but maybe I just need some reassurance. I don't know I guess just scared. thank you scard dad and husband

Hello Scared Dad and Husband,

1. Nope.

2. Nope. It's a virus, not a vampire.

3. Nope.

Your RN aunt (or "anut" as you refer to her) is correct: no risk. The doctor who suggested you come in for HIV screening is suffering from craino-rectal inversion. That means he has his head up his butt. I see absolutely no reason for either worry or HIV testing. None whatsoever! Now stop all this nonsense and take your brainiac wife for a tumble between the sheets!

I would love to WOOHOO! but I'm at a stand still WOOHUH?
Dr. Bob -- What did yuo mean