Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Wan't to know about your experiences
Feb 22, 2010

Hi Dr. Bob,

This thread is all about you.

You spend tons of time reading and responding to our worries/experiences/complaints. I think it would only be fair to read about you and your experiences.

How many weeks after your occupational exposure did you start experiencing ARS symptoms? How long did they last and did you recognize them as ARS symptoms? Were you frightened?

How many weeks after exposure did you test positive? I know you took a six week course of PEP. Did you test anytime before these six weeks? What was going through your mind after testing positive?

Before going on medication circa 1996 (I believe I have read this somewhere on this site), did you experience any HIV related symptoms? What were they? Were they debilitating? How did you cope with them?

Please share anything else, if you see fit. Think of this thread as a chance to free-associate.

Thanks,

Dr. Bob's Biggest Fan

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Biggest Fan,

Thanks for your interest and concern; however, this forum really isn't about me. It really is all about you (and the gazillions of other "yous" posting questions). I've discussed how the virus found me in January 1991 and what happened thereafter several times over the years in this forum. You can find this information in the archives. I don't believe reiterating my story again would be particularly helpful compared to spending the time addressing the truly impressive number of questions that continually cram their way into my inbox from throughout the cyber-universe.

I will mention that I've recently begun a blog for TheBody.com. That is a much more appropriate format for me to discuss my personal experiences cohabitating with the virus.

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Follow up to "expert opinion needed"
Next
unprotected sex,no ejaculation

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.