What's the trick to getting your attention? Begging doesn't seem to work.

Whatever it is PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me and i'll make it happen. i have asked lots of questions before but you never ppick me. its like high school all over again :( On friday night i went to a club. Due to stupid vanity i didn't wear my glasses. i went to the loo and turned on the tap to wash my hands with my right hand. It felt sticky so i looked closer and there was blood all over the tap which was now all over my fingers. i looked around and noticed there were large clumps, drops and smears of blood all around the sink and my left hand was actually right in a small pool of it. Looked like someone had a bleeding nose or got in a fight or something. i have read lots of the posts and i get that the skin is a barrier to hiv so i'm not worried about my left hand but I have a tendency to bite the skin around my nails and pull at my hangnails and i had 2 or 3 bleeding hangnails on my right hand about 4-5 hours earlier that day. They weren't actively bleeding at the time i went to the loo but the skin around my fingers was red, raw and sore. The blood on the tap was probably diluted a bit with water but i am scared to death. i don't even want to get out of bed. Is there a risk? Do i have to have a test because my skin was not intact? would the water have diluted the hiv and kill it or instead would it make it worse and keep it alive longer. please answer and i'll never bother you again i promise.

I never "ppick" you? "It's like high school all over again"??? All right, in honor of all those kids who got picked last in high school, I'll "ppick" you and we can be BFFs, OK?

The HIV-acquisition risk from your encounter with blood in the club loo is negligible to nonexistent. The chances that whoever had the bloody nose (or whatever) was virally enhanced are extremely low. Even lower still is the possibility an adequate amount of fresh HIV-tainted blood entered your non-intact skin (hangnails).

If my reassurance is not sufficient for you to shake your fears, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. It will undoubtedly be negative, but if getting the test puts your worries permanently to rest (where they should be), it may well be worth the effort. Now get out of bed, stop worrying, and let's go hang with the other cool kids, OK?

Hiv from shaving
Follow Up Gullian-Barre Woman!