You are an AMAZING guy but are you ever going to answer my question?

Dr. Bob, Thank you for all of the work you do and the people you help! I know you are busy but I truly am going crazy looking up my symptoms and I value your advice and have been to a doctor. I have asked this question 5 times now and would greatly appreciate your answer and would send a donation also. I dated a guy last summer and asked him if he had been tested and he said yes and that he was did not have anything. Well 3 weeks after we had unprotected sex I had severe diarrhea and threw up twice there was a flu like that going around at the time but I was the first one that I had heard of getting it. Then my heart started to "flutter" every now and then. Anyway all went well for a while and we stopped seeing each other in Aug and the last time we had sex was on Aug 22. Then at the end of September I had really bad chest congestion, low fever no appetite, and was vomiting sometimes in the morning and just did not feel good in the morning. Then after that I got a terrible sore throat that lasted 5 weeks. Then in Dec got a 24 flu that I know wasn't hiv related because everyone in my house got it. My heart has still been fluttering and I still wake up nauseated and feel dizzy and very very weak on a off during the morning. My tongue also has a white coating on it in the mornings and sometimes looks normal and pink. Lately I have been loosing handfuls of hair too. I got a complete std screening at the end of September (a month after the last time we had sex) and then still was paniced so I called him and asked if he would go and get tested and he said that he was tested that spring before we got together and had not been with anyone but me after he was tested and before he was tested it had been 4 months since he had been with anyone. He said he would go and get tested just for my peice of mind and did and was tested for everything including hiv 1/2/O antibody and Hep B and C he gave me a print out of his results and they were all neg and nonreactive. I still was not believing that he didn't have anything and went in for a pap and std screening 5 1/2 months after the last time we had sex and 6 1/2 and the first and my pap came back normal and std screening including hiv 1/2 came back nonreactive. My doctor checked my thyroid and did a cbc and my thyroid was normal and cbc showed a high hemoglobin and high nuetrophils and low lymphocytes. The only thing that was out of range though was my neutrophils by .2 and hemoglobin by .4 My doctor said I have been thru a lot in the last year and doesn't think that I need another std screening and said I am fine to start a new relationship and prescribed an anxiety med but I still think I have something? My question are 1. My symptoms sound exactly like acute hiv but why wouldn't I be testing possitve by now 2. Is there a rare strain of hiv that the test wouldn't show 3. Would you recommend more testing like a PCR or do you agree with my dr and think it's just anxiety??? 4. If I donated blood would they pick up any rare strain of hiv? 5. I really want to woo hoo but can't because of the stress and symptoms but can I??? PLEASE PLEASE ANSWER SOON!!

1. Sorry, but your symptoms do not sound exactly like acute HIV to me! However, they are quite classic for anxiety. Why wouldn't you be testing positive by now? That's easy: because you don't have HIV! Next question.

2. Nope.

3. No additional HIV testing is warranted. I agree with your doctor.

4. No one under any circumstances should donate blood just to see if he is HIV infected. To do so would be immoral and unconscionable.

5. Good question! Can you? There's certainly no medical reason you shouldn't be able to. However, there may well be psychological reasons impeding your WOO-HOO! If you cannot accept the overwhelming and irrefutable evidence of your HIV-negative status, you should consider getting psychotherapy/counseling.

Oral Sex - Test Results Follow-up
Final results, getting back to Dr Frascino please post