Diabetes Lancet stick, pregnant and worried

Hello, after pondering the internet trying to find answers, I came across you and got very excited. Hope you can help me. I have two questions please....

1) I was stuck with a diabetic testing needle (well, actually the lancet that is used to prick your finger and has no tube hole for blood to stay in there like a regular needle)about 5 minutes after the person used it to stick/test their blood levels. I went to the bathroom, so that's why I say 5 minutes. Anyway, what is my risk of getting the HIV infection? Does the virus die as soon as it hits the air because it's outside the body or does it live a while (like 5 minutes) on surfaces like the lancet? I'm pregnant and need to know if I should be worried now. My head wants to tell me that, the little amount of blood that might have been on the lancet would already have dried and died but my worries come into play. I mean, I only have 4 weeks to go before delivering my baby which means, no time to take a 3 month HIV test and I want to make sure that my baby will be o.k.

Question # 2) Forgeting about what the CDC says and their "general, non-helpful answers": about on AVERAGE, how long does it take a person to have enough detectable anitbodies to show up positive on an HIV test. I've heard mixed stories, such as 22 days, 6 weeks, etc?

Hoped I explained myself correctly and thank your for taking your time to answer my questions.

Signed, pregnant worried chick.

Hello Pregnant Worried Chick,

1. Your worries are unwarranted. Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent.

2. The vast, vast majority of HIV-infected folks will have detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies in their blood within four to six weeks after HIV primary infection.

Be well. (You are indeed well.) Good luck with your new addition!

Facial Nightmare - I would like to donate.
business class tickets