Facial Nightmare - I would like to donate.

Dear Dr. Bob,

Two Quick Questions:

Simple: I went to get a facial. The lady that worked on me had bad hands. You would think that by using all those products her hands would be perfect. But just the opposite. Her fingers looked hacked up. She told me that she gets loose skin from her hands being wet all the time, and she has a habit of pulling and biting her own finger nails and skin..... YUK!!!

During the facial she puts something on your face that needs to sit there for 15 minutes. While this is happeneing she works on your feet. ... So here are my two questions.

1.) I have a scab on my big toe that has been there for 5 days. With her hands being is such bad shape. Her working on my feet touching and working over that scab. What are my chances of catching HIV this way?

2.) My husband goes to the same lady. We go together. After he saw the shape of her hands he is worried sick. Cannot even function. Before he goes to see her he usually shaves his face. Well, you know the question,,, He can't see anywhere,,, where he cut his face shaving.. But he is worried if he has any cuts or little nicks you can't see.. He shaved his face 45 minutes before we went to our appointment..What are his chances of getting HIV from this experience?

In both situations ,,, Lets assume this lady is HIV +. What are the chances in both experiences of catching HIV?

Thank You,

I Love Your work and the fact that you care for all these people around the world. You are very specail Dr. Bob. Not bad looking either. Good thing I'm married... LOL (just kidding).

Please chat back with me soon,

Beverly

AN ADDITION TO MY QUESTION DR BOB - FACIAL NIGHTMARE (Submitted Feb 19, 2010)

Dr. Bob,

I forgot to mention that when I told you this ladys hands were all hacked up -- What I meant by this is that she had a bunch of messed up finger nails, pulled skin, and surface cuts(wounds) from biting her fingers -- If you know what I mean.

I wanted to make all this clear so you could answer my tow questions accurtely.

What are our chances of getting HIV this way?

Thank You again Dr. Bob,

Beverly

Hi Beverly,

You want me to answer your "tow" questions "accurtely"???

1. Nonexistent.

2. Nonexistent.

Both your and your husband's worries are unwarranted. HIV testing is not medically warranted or recommended. However, if you and hubby continue to fret, despite my reassurance, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The results will undoubtedly be negative, and then although I could say "I told you so," instead I'll WOO-HOO with you both. OK?

By the way Bev, not only are you married, but so am I!

Be well. Stop worrying.

Repeat of previous unanswered question re: relative risk of certain sex practices in magnetic relationship
Diabetes Lancet stick, pregnant and worried