I need your help !!

Dr. Frascino, First off, thank you for this forum. I just discovered it yesterday and I'm very glad I have this opportunity to get a doctor's opinion. I will be sure and make a donation to your Foundation.

I am very upset and my fear is tremendous, almost unbearable. I'm a guy in my mid 30's. Two weeks ago I was with a guy I had recently met. After only a few seconds of open mouth kissing I tasted something and stopped. I went to the bathroom and saw some blood inside my mouth on my front tooth and gum. Not a huge amount, but definitely noticeable. I wiped it off and kind of freaked out. I grabbed some rubbing alcohol and swished my mouth out. The guy had brushed his teeth about 10 minutes before, so probably his gums were bleeding from that.

I was trying not to worry too much, but the other day I read something on the internet that really scared me !! My anxiety level went sky high. I then asked the guy to get tested. He would not commit and acted like he was hiding something. This makes me fear very strongly that he is most likely HIV +.

Assuming he is positive, please let me know what you think the risk is here for me. I am experiencing fear that I have never felt before. I sincerely thank you for your thoughts.

If indeed your buddy was positively charged and if he had a high viral load and if he bled a significant amount into your mouth, there would be at least a theoretical risk for HIV transmission. However, please note that's a lot of "ifs."

To calm your fears, I'd recommend getting a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The odds remain all in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this unfortunate bout of tonsil hockey. Take a read through the archives of this forum. You'll find other scenarios similar to yours. You'll also note HIV transmission did not occur in those cases.

Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV-antibody test is negative. I'm quite confident it will be!

Good luck. I'm here if you need me, OK?

Am i infected?...please....i am afraid(from spain)
hiv through sniffing blood