The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Am i infected?...please....i am afraid(from spain)

Feb 19, 2010

hello and thank yo for your great job. Try to be brief..sorry for my english I had a relation 2 months ago with a prostitute.I don`t know if she was infected. Protected vaginal sex...unprotected felation ...I made cunnilingus to her on clitoral area during about 4 o 5 seconds.This cunilingus was in the beggining of the relationship and she was not very much (or nothing) wet.

in the 10 day after this , i had a a sore throat treated by my doctor with antibiotic.I did not have fever or rash , but i had swollen lymph under my jaw.Now,on the 51th day after the relationship i have an earache and the swollen lymph is still on my neck. Should i get tested?? Please plase help me

Response from Dr. Frascino


1. HIV testing is not medically necessary, however if it will help to put your fears permanently to rest (where they should be), get a single HIV antibody test at the 3 month mark. The odds are astronomically in your favor that your did not contract HIV form this encounter.

2. Your "symptoms" are most likely not HIV related.

Thanks for your ongoing support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation ( It's warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stop worrying. OK?

Dr. Bob

simple follow up question, pls help me doc. Bob....donation was made 2 months ago
I need your help !!

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint