simple follow up question, pls help me doc. Bob....donation was made 2 months ago

Dear Bob Thank you for providing me your professional advice back to 2 months ago. It was really helpful. I have a single exposure back to 7 months ago. However, I have tested 4 times @ week 17, 20.5, 22.5 and 25(all FDA approved (Clearview HIV1/2) finger blood rapid test), all results came negatives. Originally, I went back to my normal life afterward. However, one thing made me afraid and I started experiencing two likely symptoms. On week 25, I decided to conduct my last test at a small size immediate care center. Once the sample was collected, during the test waiting time, I washed my hand and thrown the wasted napkin into trash can (small one without lid). However, my ring was loose, so I accidentally thrown it as well as wasted napkin into trash can. I picked it up and headed back home. I did not feel any pain while picking up my ring from trash can. After I arrived home, I noticed my hand has a light scratch, due to live under the anxiety of HIV infection for last a couple of months, immediately, I thought it might be stuck by a used needle. I called the care center right away, they claimed that they dispose the used needles into a puncture-proof container. I was reassuring at that moment. However, after 4 weeks of that , I started experiencing one to two HIV related symptoms (diarrhea and weight loss). I have 2 times diarrhea (one time per a day, one was on week 4, one was on week 6), I lost weight around 7 pounds (even though I usually eat 1 meal per day, but the body weight usually consistent.) According to your previous advice, I quit smoking from week 1 to 3.5, I gained 4 pounds first , and than lost 8 pounds (from week 4 to week 7.5) after feeling depression and start smoking again. Therefore, I would ask for your advice, 1)Whats my chance to contract HIV due to the incident in care center? Is it possible the people in the canter tried to avoid some degree of medical responsibilities/problems and then lie to me? I, indeed, saw some needle containers in each examination room. 2)I know the symptoms are not reliable, besides, I also know the virus cannot survive long outside the body.I was waiting for conducting the test and waiting for the test result in the same examination room for 30 minutes. However, I just want to confirm with you with my understanding of this virus and would also like to consult with you about your advice---should I need to worry in the regard? Thank you very much for your time. I did make a donation to your foundation last December. I will make one more time sometimes this year. Andy

Hello again Andy,

1. Completely nonexistent. No one lied to you.

2. Absolutely no cause for worry.

Andy, you are once again having completely irrational fears. My advice is:

1. See psychiatric help to confront your depression, anxiety and irrational fears of HIV.

2. Stop smoking! Cigarettes are a much greater health risk to you than HIV.

Dr. Bob -Please Help: Unprotected Oral Sex and Test Results
Am i infected?...please....i am afraid(from spain)