Please Dr. Bob Just one more concerning test results

Dr. Bob, of all of the patients and people that you write to on the internet, how many of them have ever gone from a negative result at 6 to 8 weeks to a positive result later?

Im still having a lot of symptoms nausea real bad, swollen lymph node in neck and now I've had a headache the last two days. I went and took another hiv test today that would be three days shy of 11 weeks, I can wait I am so scared, please let me know your answers I really do appreciate all the great work you do in helping to educate the people out there like me. I will be making another donation to the great cause that you provide. Thank you so much!!!!

We know from clinical studies that the vast, vast majority of HIV-infected folks will have detectable levels of anti-HIV antibody in their blood within six to eight weeks of HIV primary infection. That's been my personal experience. To directly answer your six-to-eight-weeks question, I would say "extremely few."

Your negative almost-11-week test is extremely encouraging! You're nearly out of the woods. Don't freak out now!

Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you an extra dose of my good-luck karma that your definitive 12-week HIV test will be "WOO-HOO-able." (I'm very confident it indeed will be.)

Good luck. Hang in there!

Follow up 2 Guys 1 Beach
Hi Doc.. Thanks for the help (BLOW JOB - condom)