Follow up 2 Guys 1 Beach

So Dr. Bob you told me my situation at the beach was non-exsistent. For some reason I didn't believe you and was still worried about the whole situation so to put my fears to rest I went and got a hiv test at the 16 week (4 month) mark.

I tested negative. YES!!! or as you would say WOO HOO!!! Now my fears have disepated to at least 85-90 percent but I'm still worried about the six month test thing. I read on other sites that six months is the official WOO HOOable mark but others including yourself use 3 months. Yes I've read the part where it says very rarely does one take 6 months to seroconvert. Should I go for a re-test at 6 months? I'm so sick of reading the literature. I'm sick of having that little voice in the back of my head still worrying. Talk to me Dr. Bob.

Larry

Hello Larry,

I haven't changed my assessment: "Your HIV-acquisition risk is completely nonexistent." See below. I didn't even recommend an initial HIV test. Why do you think I would advise a follow-up test six months later??? Frevinsakes!

Larry, if you're hearing "little voices in the back of your head," you've got a "head" problem, not a viral problem. Your problem remains guilt and irrational fear of HIV, not HIV itself. I'd recommend you consider psychotherapy (counseling) to address your guilt, irrational fears and sexual orientation issues.

2 guys 1 beach Oct 22, 2009

Wreck beach in Vancouver B.C. great place! Great place because it's a nude beach. All by my lonesome, naked in the hot sun all alone. Hey why not, I'm rubbin one out. When out from the corner comes another nude fella that was enjoying watching me stroke so he started to do the same. Hmm well I'm kinda bi-curios, so let's do it.

He came up closer and leaned against a log and we watched each other from about 4 feet away eventually blowing our stuff. We did not touch each other, we did not cum on each other. I guess I'm worried about when I left if I came into contact with any of his gunk. I wasn't studying where it all shot but it wasn't on me.

Am I at risk for the hiv? Guilt and too much reading about hiv on the internet has lead me to this!!! Help me put this behind me please!!!!! God please help me put this behind me.

Do you realize that there are at least a gazillion gay porno flicks that begin with a studly-dudley bi-curious guy on a nude beach rubbing one out who subsequently is joined by another horned-up hottie who just happened to be wandering by??? Usually the dynamic duo do a lot more than burp the nephew four feet away from each other, but hey, whatever floats your boat guy is fine with me. Your HIV-acquisition risk is completely nonexistent. (Even Italians like me have difficulty shooting four feet or more!) HIV also doesn't survive very long outside the body.

Why are you feeling guilty? Counseling may well help you with your sexual orientation issues as well as ultimately help you to have way more fun on the nude beach. Rent one of the gay pornos I mentioned earlier and you'll see what I mean.

Am I HIV negative?
Please Dr. Bob Just one more concerning test results