Am I HIV negative?
Feb 19, 2010
I have been dating off and on again a guy for 8 years whom recently tested pos. After he told me I went and got tested. Almost every year as part of my physical i get checked for stds and hiv and have always come out neg. My question is am I neg or at risk of being pos in the future becuz of exposure?
Response from Dr. Frascino
You will need to get HIV-antibody tested at both the three- and six-month marks from the time of your last exposure. If you remain HIV negative out to six months, you can be considered conclusively HIV negative. Until then, you are still at risk for seroconverting.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- HIV Infection Risk Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Bloody Pee After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Licking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Protected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Can Hepatitis B Test Return A False Positive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.