masturbation in shower

i masturbate everyday and usually in the shower. I have also read that semen and hot shower water can react with one another and give you hiv. When i noticed that my own semen had entered a cut along with hot shower water i thought i might have hiv. Is it true that hot shower water and smen react with one another to give you hiv and am i at risk?

No matter how many times you ask, my answer is not going to change. See below.

am i at risk of hiv by masturbating in shower (CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF HIV OR STD, 2010) Feb 14, 2010

i usually masturbate in the shower and one day i noticed my own semen had entered a cut on my finger along with hot shower water. Is there a chance that my semen and the hot shower water reacted and created hiv and entered my body please help

You're wondering if your spunk plus hot shower water reacted to create HIV and infected you? WOWZA! You must be yet another victim of abstinence-only sex education! HIV is not "created." You cannot give yourself a sexually transmitted disease that you don't have. See below.

im confuse Feb 13, 2010

dear dr.

i want to ask you two things first is i have been masturbating for more than 3 yrs.,i masturbate 2 or 3 times a day,.the thing is i let my semen stay in my skin and let it dry inside my underwear and due to laziness i'm not changing my underwear nor taking a bath for days.,i can say 4 days is the longest and still masturbating,.and also i have warts in my fingers the one that i use in masturbating sometimes i have cuts and my semen went to them,.do u think i can catch any STD's or HIV by doing this?

2nd is i am confused between overmasturbation and HIV symptoms because some of it are similar and i am experiencing some of it,.like i have back pain (upper), i'm always tired or sleepy,my hairs are falling down and my eyes hurts that affects my vision ,my coughing has no phlegm,and I am experiencing difficult in breathing probably because of my heartburn but I dont know I need an expert answer.,I should mention that Ive never had any sex plz doctor i'm so worried i need answers ASAP I want to erase all my worries and sleep well

You wank-off three times a day and let the spunk gunk up your tighty-whities and don't change them or take a bath for four days??? Yuck! That is truly disgusting. Dude, what's up with your personal hygiene??? You can't give yourself an STD, including HIV, by such antisocial behavior (see below), but that doesn't mean you should't "clean up your act!"

2. "Overmasturbation"??? What's that? Whatever it is, it has absolutely no relationship to HIV.

Finally, you report: ". . . I never had any sex . . . ." Somehow I'm not at all surprised by that little factoid!

Experimenting with Masturbation (CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF HIV/AIDS, 2009) (PILLOW POUNDING, PILLOW HUMPING, 2009) Nov 21, 2009

Hello doc i find it uncomfortable to masturbate with my hands so i use a pillow, but my question is can you get hepatitis or a std or any kind of disease from pounding the same pillow?

Hello Pillow Pounder,

Believe it or not, you're not the only one who has worried about the consequences of pillow pounding. See below.

Pillow humping Jun 10, 2007

Hi.

Is there anything dangerous about humping your pillow until you ejaculate? Can you contract any types of diseases?

You're wondering if you can get an STD from humping your pillow???? Hmmm . . . well is there any chance your pillow could be cheating on you? If not, no.

I should point out one other danger of pillow humping: explaining the spunk marks to your mom can be a challenge.

Pleasant dreams, Pillowman.

Humping a hotel pillow Jun 1, 2008

I was humping a hotel pillow in the nude and after ejaculating on the pillow I noticed a couple of stains on the pillow that where dried and obvious there before. Is there any risk of getting HIV from this??

Wow, that's one popular pillow! It seems to be getting as much action as Samantha on Sex and the City.

As for your STD/HIV risk, relax Max. The risk is completely nonexistent. Now kiss your little pillow-man goodnight and hope the maid doesn't catch you as you check out tomorrow after spunking up Mr. Pillow!

Masturbating on pillow and contacting ur own semen? (CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF AN STD?) Feb 14, 2008

Hi

If u masturbate with pillow and u ejaculate and get it on ur hands can u get STD or is STD from person to person please help cuz im scared. Also is masturbation bad and give STI or STD

Thnx

Is masturbation bad??? Are you kidding me? I think it's wonderful! Can it give you an STD? The answer is no! The more precise answer is hell no! See below. By the way, any chance you can convince your mom and dad to stop home schooling you and put you back into the public education system? With the soon-to-be President Obama, I'm quite confident we'll have a return of science-based, age-appropriate sex education to our schools. Until then, take a look around this Web site. You'll find all sorts of cool sex stuff to learn about, including how to properly use a condom and how to protect yourself from STDs, including HIV.

std from humping a pillow? Feb 8, 2008

I've been humping a pillow to masturbate for years. But i had never thought to clean it or anything until a while ago..i'm just concerned that i could have gotten an infection or std from continuing to hump the same pillow without cleaning it in between. thanks

You've been spunking the same pillow for years??? Dude, that pillow must resemble a glazed donut from Krispy Kreme by now. And most likely it's stiffer than your stiffy. But why are you worried about STDs? Do you think your pillow has been cheating on you by humping with other hotties? STDs are sexually transmitted diseases whereby an infected person transmits the disease to an uninfected person. So if you're the only one spunking Mr. Pillow, you've got nothing to worry about, OK? By the way, another of your home schooled buddies had a similar question. See below.

Will this give me a disease or virus of any sort? Jan 2, 2008

ive been masturbating for like 2 months in the same bed covers Will the sperm have accumulated and turned into some sort of disease so that if i masturbate i will catch it from my bed? please answer doc i'm really scared about this.

You've been shooting loads into the same bed covers for two months??? WOWZA! Those sheets must be as stiff as two pieces of plywood by now.

You're wondering if the accumulated sperm will turn into some sort of disease that you will catch from your bed??? Hmm . . . let me guess: You're either home schooled or a victim of an abstinence-only-until-marriage sex education program, right? Yeah, I thought so. Dude, no, your spunky-funky sheets will not contaminate you, but I do think it's time they were pried off your bed and sent through the Maytag, OK? You can read more about masturbation in the archives of this forum. We have a whole chapter devoted to it.

Can you give yourself HIV/AIDS? - by semen contact with a cut or wound of yourself? (CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF HIV/AIDS) Jan 29, 2008

hiya doc

I was wondering about this cause a couple days ago I was masturbating myself after sometime, but was not warned that I got a cut on a side of my thumb that was nearly opened (not bleeding ye but interior cut and transparent fluid was visible) I notice this after ejaculating since a friend said HIV virus is in the semen and turn active as touch the bloodstream, but not completely sure yet

Another QTND (question that never dies) and ATNC (answer that never changes). See below. And do tell your folks that your abstinence-only sex education program sucks (and not in a good way).

Is it possible (CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF HIV/AIDS?) Jan 3, 2007

I was curious about something, and that's is it possible in any capacity for a man to give hiv or aids to oneself. Like say some of your own cum just a little bit touched a cut that was mostly healed or looks dark red. Basicaly. Can you give yourself HIV?

Another QTND (question that never dies) and ATNC (answer that never changes).

See below.

very Urgent Question May 22, 2006

I recently masterbated, once i had finished i realised that some sperm had gone onto a scab on my hand, is there any chance of an STI/STD/HIV or anything, this answer really matters to me as i am only a teenager and afraid of the consequences of any STI/STD. Please answer doc, thanks you.

No, there is absolutely no chance you can contract a sexually transmitted illness from yourself! STDs involve germs (viruses and bacteria) that spread from an infected person to another person via sexual activity. Masturbation, choking the chicken, spanking the monkey or whatever you want to call it involves only you and your hand. Some folks may refer to their hand as Mrs. Palm and her five daughters, but really we are only talking about one person here. And that's you, right?!? A person cannot give himself a disease he doesn't already have. Just as you can't give yourself a million dollars (because I assume you don't have a million dollars, right?). You can't give yourself HIV, because you don't have that either. The bottom line is that your jizz is perfectly safe, so no worries unless you spunk up your parents' furniture (or Monica Lewinsky's blue dress). And even those kinds of stains, although they can lead to problems, they can not lead to STDs, OK?

To those reading the forum, here we have another fine example of how sex education is shamefully lacking in our schools. Teenagers should not be worrying about contracting HIV form burping the nephew and getting a bit of baby batter on their hands!!! Demand age-appropriate, science-based sex-education curricula in the public schools. Refuse to allow Republican rightwing fanatics, who insist on abstinence-only programs, to confuse and potentially harm our youth. Multiple scientific studies have now clearly shown that abstinence-only sex-education programs not only don't work, but they can actually cause harm by not teaching our kids what they need to know to stay safe and healthy.

self-masturbated with wound on hand Aug 12, 2006

hello

i'm 21 years old, and last night i masturbated myself, and i happened to have an open wound on my left hand. my right fingers touched a wet spot on a towel i was using. i was about to wash my hands, i noticed my right hand was touching that wound.

am i putting myself at HIV risk if my own semen came in contact with my open wound?

You are 21 and you are still concerned about contracting HIV from yourself via masturbation and contact with your own spunk??? Let me guess. You were home-schooled and come form a devoutly religious family, right? Hmmmm. Another one!!!!

Now let's think this through logically, OK? Do you really think it's possible to create HIV a virus out of thin air just by spanking the monkey??? HIV is as germ. It can be transmitted from one infected person to an uninfected person by unprotected sex. You cannot give yourself HIV anymore than you can give yourself measles, mumps, syphilis or tuberculosis, OK?

I suggest you spend some time reviewing the wealth of information on this site related to how HIV is, and is not, transmitted.

I also want to remind all readers of this forum that this is yet another example of why we need age-appropriate sex education programs in our schools!

masterbation (CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF HIV/AIDS?) Oct 20, 2007

I have been masterbating for about two years now. during this time i have been using my blanket and i was wondering if i can get aids by doing this. this is so because i read somewhere that when pre ejaculating this can cause aids or hiv by having the ejaculation going up the hole in the penis. Since i am using the same thing can the already ejaculated iquid not visible affect me if i masterbate with the same blanket.

And so another QTND (Question That Never Dies) resurfaces once again. See below.

Sneezin and Masturbatin (CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF HIV/AIDS?) Sep 8, 2007

Yo doc,

Ur da greatest! I love what you do because you put our minds at ease. My question is: While I was, as you say, burping the nephew or choking the chicken, I ejaculated and then I sneezed on my penis... weird huh? While some snot or saliva didn't hit my penis but hit my pelvic region. Could I have gotten HIV from this incident?

Thanks, ttyl.

Hi TTYL,

Sneezing and spunking almost simultaneously must have been quite a rush! But why would that raise concerns about HIV? You can't give yourself HIV! (See below.)

Gesundheit!

could i catch hiv from my own semen (CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF HIV/AIDS) Jun 4, 2007

i just want to know that if put my own semen on a sex toy and insert it in to me can i catch hiv/aids?

Your question once again demonstrates the urgent need for age-appropriate sex education in our schools (and the equal urgent need for you to have a real date with a real person, rather than an inanimate object purchased at Good Vibrations Sex Novelty Shop).

To answer your question, no, you cannot give yourself HIV or any other infectious disease you don't already have by playing with your sex toys! That's assuming, of course, your sex toys aren't cheating on you.

See below.

Self Anal (CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF HIV/AIDS?) Jan 5, 2007

I feel a bit embarressed about this, but I am very curious. I am a bi-curious male and I wanted to know. If I were to masturbate and then cum on my finger. Then take my own cum and stick it up my ass, will I get HIV or any other STD?

Here we go again . . . a QTND returns once again. You cannot give yourself an STD/HIV via "cum up the bum," auto-fellatio (for you flexible yoga fans) or any other means. STDs, including HIV, are caused by germs (viruses and bacteria) that an infected person transmits to an uninfected person during sex. The mere act of having sex by yourself or with others doesn't spontaneously create a germ out of thin air! See below.

See below.

very Urgent Question May 22, 2006

hello

SEMEN (MASTURBATION 2009) (QTND: CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF HIV OR STD BY MASTURBATION, 2009) Jan 6, 2009

HI MISTAKENLY I TASTED MY OWN SEMEN DO YOU THINK I WILL GET ANY VIRUS LIKE HIV OR STD PLEASE LET ME KNOW OK THANKS

You're wondering if you can give yourself HIV or an STD? YIKES! I can only assume you have either been home schooled or are another victim of Dubya's disastrous abstinence-only-until-marriage sex education program.

See below.

hiv risk? will donate please answer going nuts about this.
Trumps symptoms