Cunnilingus and ejaculation. Should I be tested?

Hi Dr Bob,

Love the forum! It is so insightful. I obviously didn't know as much about HIV as I thought! I have just donated $50 to the foundation and was wondering if you would mind answering my question.

I recently visited Thailand and had a little too much to drink. I was foolishly convinced by a friend to take home a girl from the most prestigious go-go bar in Patong. During the affair I performed brief cunnilingus. I had protected sex and before ejaculating I pulled out and removed the condom (correctly as I recall). I proceeded to pull my penis and ejaculate on the girls stomach. During this process I forgot to wash my hands before touching my penis. I was wondering if you would recommend being tested for HIV and what associated levels of risk you for see from this encounter. I have since had a test for herpes but was cleared.

Many thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Your HIV-acquisition risk is negligible at best, assuming the latex condom was used correctly and did not break. Cunnilingus without extenuating circumstances carries only a negligible risk for HIV transmission/acquisition. Masturbating with the same hand that removes your used latex raincoat is not considered a risk for HIV transmission/acquisition. The primary purpose to get HIV screened would be to put any residual worries permanently to rest (where they belong).

Thank you for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's very much appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that you are now and will always remain HIV free. If you do decide to test, wait until the three-month mark for a definitive test result.

Be well Tom. (I'm very confident you are indeed well!)

accepting possibility, need strength to test (WHAT YOU DONT KNOW CAN KILL YOU, 2009) ( IS IT BETTER TO GET HIV TESTED OR NOT TO KNOW, 2010)
HIV test results